The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Okay back from a refreshing if short run. It drizzled for maybe 10 minutes. The sort of rain that, when at the festival you decide to get your  poncho out, fight with it, get your head in the sleeve bit, finally someone helps you out and you get it on straight, only to find the rain has stopped and you’ve got to reverse the whole scenario.

the road under tree cover isn’t even damp.

the cloud cover is thin, I could see blue behind. Not enough rain to measure in the gherkin yet.

so far so good.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gedh said:

I'm not sleeping well at the moment, which normally is a right pain but I now do early morning chuckles at this lot.... God knows what I will do after. 

Ah you and me both. I can keep you entertained in the early hours of a morning with some drivel or whotnot.

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Okay back from a refreshing if short run. It drizzled for maybe 10 minutes. The sort of rain that, when at the festival you decide to get your  poncho out, fight with it, get your head in the sleeve bit, finally someone helps you out and you get it on straight, only to find the rain has stopped and you’ve got to reverse the whole scenario.

the road under tree cover isn’t even damp.

the cloud cover is thin, I could see blue behind. Not enough rain to measure in the gherkin yet.

so far so good.

2 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Been out and run the ridge above the village and it is spotting at most. Dust settler only. Not sure how people judge rain but it is nowt as far as I am concerned. I know we do micro climate and Blue Gate is 0.8 miles away but it ain't raining here by the pub.

Utterly bonkers that there's been a couple of reports of "hard rain" on the weather thread.  I'm going to trust you two because:

• I've met you and you seem like nice, trustworthy people to me :)
  • I prefer your story
  • It looked fine on the webcam, easy to see the Tor

I'm not worried :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Utterly bonkers that there's been a couple of reports of "hard rain" on the weather thread.  I'm going to trust you two because:

• I've met you and you seem like nice, trustworthy people to me :)
  • I prefer your story
  • It looked fine on the webcam, easy to see the Tor

I'm not worried :D

I'm with @stuartbert two hats on this. The weather thread is for mad people. 

The diffrence beetween any other festival and Glastonbury is summed up by efestival, this thread, the weather thread and glasto chat. 

We all want the same thing and appreciate glastonbury no matter the weather. I've done my poor wife's head in since last October when I got a golden ticket. Now my kids have taken on my same passion for it and they haven't even been yet my daughter has planned her list of must see acts, while over the past two weeks I've done my check list of things I need for the festival. 

Don't worry I will still be panicking till Monday night constantly watching this thread and the weather thread while watching Countryfile tonight. 

To all the people on here doing updates thank you and I cannot wait to share the farm with my kids on wenesday and the rest of the festival. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint northover said:

The diffrence beetween any other festival and Glastonbury is summed up by efestival, this thread, the weather thread and glasto chat. 

We all want the same thing and appreciate glastonbury no matter the weather. I've done my poor wife's head in since last October when I got a golden ticket. Now my kids have taken on my same passion for it and they haven't even been yet my daughter has planned her list of must see acts, while over the past two weeks I've done my check list of things I need for the festival. 

Don't worry I will still be panicking till Monday night constantly watching this thread and the weather thread while watching Countryfile tonight. 

To all the people on here doing updates thank you and I cannot wait to share the farm with my kids on wenesday and the rest of the festival. 

Upvote

we hope you have the best time at the village fete.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ogriff said:

Immediately got a Gold sub after watching that!

38 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Another great update, thank you.

And I've just got myself out if a 7 month financial whole so I've finally been able to go gold.

Fantastic news!!!! You will not regret it. You’re in it now for ever and a day! (  not sure why I said that but that’s the title of my last song I wrote - must be a subconscious thing).

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

@deebeedoobeeand @pilton digger  Sorry, you are probably asked this all the time but do you pop home to bed or camp?

I often wonder how much Michael and Emily sleep over the course of the festival ? and do they have a reserve sleeping area so they dont have to do the walk of shame back to the farmhouse ? 

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Home. I like my bed and shower plus  It’s only minutes from Mary’s gate

Think I would too!  I used to come home from V for the night - it was only half an hour drive and I didn't mind not drinking as they only sold crap beer (and of course you couldn't take your own in, officially anyway).  

26 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Fantastic news!!!! You will not regret it. You’re in it now for ever and a day! (  not sure why I said that but that’s the title of my last song I wrote - must be a subconscious thing).

I've been using and loving these forums since their inception so it's long overdue!

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I often wonder how much Michael and Emily sleep over the course of the festival ? and do they have a reserve sleeping area so they dont have to do the walk of shame back to the farmhouse ? 

Well of course only Emily lives in the farm house all year round. Michael owns the house just outside the fence. Whether they return home of a night I have no idea. But if they do they would surely have a land rover to drive them there.

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Well of course only Emily lives in the farm house all year round. Michael owns the house just outside the fence. Whether they return home of a night I have no idea. But if they do they would surely have a land rover to drive them there.

of course :) ... just imaging emily sneaking a reserve tent up somewhere :)