The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Left site for a few days and repegged the awning before I left.  I am based at the top of the site near recycling barn.

gave up with the normal cheap pegs as they just bent.  Used the trusty rock pegs and a claw hammer to get them in.  Loads of vehicles coming in and no issues driving on the grass, clouds of dust from the tracks

its cloudy and overcast in Pilton at the moment I am told a few showers forecast but the force field is in place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

FWIW the weather warnings for thunderstorms on Mon and Tues have disappeared from the Met Office forecast. ?

...and appeared in my neck of the woods up north. I’m petrified of thunderstorms, but for once, I’m happy to take one for the team.

Massive massive massive thanks to @Sawdusty Surfer @deebeedoobee @pilton digger @Mr Splodge @Ommadawn and anyone else who's been posting updates for us. We can find weather forecasts and reports, but nothing gives a real indication of what that actually means for us once we get onsite. 

Your updates have been  an absolute godsend in keeping me optimistic. When others have worried about how bad it's going to be, I've just smiled knowingly and assured them it's  all good.

I will happily stand you all a goodly amount of booze at the meet. I will also try to find some way of getting treats in for Big Dog. Thank you :drinks:

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Massive massive massive thanks to @Sawdusty Surfer @deebeedoobee @pilton digger @Mr Splodge @Ommadawn and anyone else who's been posting updates for us. We can find weather forecasts and reports, but nothing gives a real indication of what that actually means for us once we get onsite. 

Your updates have been  an absolute godsend in keeping me optimistic. When others have worried about how bad it's going to be, I've just smiled knowingly and assured them it's  all good.

I will happily stand you all a goodly amount of booze at the meet. I will also try to find some way of getting treats in for Big Dog. Thank you :drinks:

Many thanks. It's just started raining here I'm afraid. Not drizzle as such but proper rain drops but very light (you wouldn't bother with a poncho if you were on site). Will make no difference to the ground conditions at all.

Edited by Ommadawn

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Thanks Quark. It’s been a joy. 2 more updates before we start the fun and party in the fields.

ps. Don’t worry about treats. He’s on a diet, the fat bar steward. Too much rabbit shit inhaled.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thanks Quark. It’s been a joy. 2 more updates before we start the fun and party in the fields.

ps. Don’t worry about treats. He’s on a diet, the fat bar steward. Too much rabbit shit inhaled.

I just heard it's raining very hard on site. How's it looking from beedoobee acres?

People ask what Glastonbury is about and what makes it different from other festivals. 

It’s this.

This thread, the people, the community. 

Last night I was simultaneously watching the BBC headliners programme and flicking through the forum, welling up for no real reason, other than knowing that in a few days we return to the farm. 

It’s nearly time people. 

I fucking love every single one of you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just about to go for a run. It’s started to spit but it’s not turned into anything yet.

just wait, as soon as I go out that door it will hoof it down.

will report back in an hour

Local microclimate or what? I’m in Priddy, just outside Wells, and it’s been battering down for the last couple of hours!

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

People ask what Glastonbury is about and what makes it different from other festivals. 

It’s this.

Last night I was simultaneously watching the BBC headliners programme and flicking through the forum, welling up for no real reason, other than knowing that in a few days we return to the farm. 

It’s nearly time people. 

I second this. I'm about 20 minutes away and I've still found myself checking in here. 

This community kept us all going through the fallow and it's now so close. I shall drink in this forums honour on the hallowed ground this evening 

22 minutes ago, nikkic said:

It’s this.

It’s nearly time people. 

Exactly what I’m currently doing.

The community on here (and to be fair at Glastonbury in general) is unlike any other. Absolutely love both the festival and this forum.