The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

10 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think it's the very edge of Park Home, it might be the very edge of Oxylers though! 

We were a couple of tents in from the path. You aiming for the same place this time? Drop me a text for a tent-side rum!

The angle of the stage is throwing me off... could be either like you said.

Yes mate, will be arriving early hours of Wednesday morning so pretty optimistic about getting a spot in the usual place. When are you arriving? Will Drop you a text! 

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

The angle of the stage is throwing me off... could be either like you said.

Yes mate, will be arriving early hours of Wednesday morning so pretty optimistic about getting a spot in the usual place. When are you arriving? Will Drop you a text! 

My mates are going down the early hours Wednesday to set up. My arrival is up the air - long story - but hopefully leaving the North West around 1pm Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Edited by vintagelaureate

today’s update is:

RAM jam jar = 20mm. That’s another reduction of 5mm in 24hours. 

Gherkin = empty apart from the addition of a thermometer. This is reading 21c

well Sticky stick = well is dry. The mud negligible 

Big Dog’s paws= Crusty.

the mallets was the closest I had to fruit. I bought a load in order to enter the ticket competition. It is also the closest I’ll get to drinking it.

B19DE139-8066-4A7C-B061-ACF9ACB4C05C.jpeg

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Keep up 

I've been avoiding that thread as last time I looked it had lots of mind boggling charts and graphs and seemed to forecast nothing but doom and gloom. I've preferred the trusted methods of jars, sticks and dog's paws for my weather updates. 

6 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I've been avoiding that thread as last time I looked it had lots of mind boggling charts and graphs and seemed to forecast nothing but doom and gloom. I've preferred the trusted methods of jars, sticks and dog's paws for my weather updates. 

its fine pal... you're going to need suncream and a hat more than you'll need wellies.

happy to put my head on the block for it...

Edited by Stretlow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Nope. Entered every damn competition and had the page checker set but like many others we were not lucky.

Hold on. I've not realised this. Have you not got tickets? And you've been doing all this weather reporting for us? Wow - you're even more of a legend that I thought! 

I really hope I've misunderstood and you've got tickets. ?

7 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Hold on. I've not realised this. Have you not got tickets? And you've been doing all this weather reporting for us? Wow - you're even more of a legend that I thought! 

I think it's her mates who lost out. Dee and Digger do get tickets for living next door.

23 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

15 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Thought you get a local ticket?

Gone cloudy here now....

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think it's her mates who lost out. Dee and Digger do get tickets for living next door.

We have got tickets. As Michael is a neighbour id been having a stern word with him if we didnt have them :D

We were trying to get tickets for friends that don't live local.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

today’s update is:

RAM jam jar = 20mm. That’s another reduction of 5mm in 24hours. 

Gherkin = empty apart from the addition of a thermometer. This is reading 21c

well Sticky stick = well is dry. The mud negligible 

Big Dog’s paws= Crusty.

the mallets was the closest I had to fruit. I bought a load in order to enter the ticket competition. It is also the closest I’ll get to drinking it.

B19DE139-8066-4A7C-B061-ACF9ACB4C05C.jpeg

Mallets cider not great for drinking but added to a pork casserole makes it really yummy.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sadly not.  I think he's still a B list celeb. My mates missed out for a second time in a row.

I heard Big Dog is banned from the festival, in fact his behaviour led to all dogs being banned (it's in the rules) from all future festivals- is this true? What did he do?