The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

46 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Oaky dokey,  just back from a run and the place is so dusty. Roads are busy and kicking up a dust storm.  Frigging hot too. The banks at the side of the roads are solid whereas 2 days ago they were soggy. 

Beer garden is calling me . 

Bloody well earned Dee. I don't think you, Digger or Dusty will struggle to get anyone to stand you a pint at the meet :drinks:

Greeting from worthy farm.

bin painting is now finished.

today has been very hot meaning liberal coatings of factor 50 and more water drank than in the English Channel.  Blimey it was brutal but what a day.

as you can imagine is drying up very quickly add in the wood chip that has been spread next to the roadways (about 12 foot).  Grass is dry and freshly cut.  

Went over to block 9 and Arcadia last night which was very wet and muddy but I recon it will be drying nicely now, word of warning the ruts that are dry are unforgiving on legs and ankles.

party night tonight so will report on status tomorrow.

I will be home for tomorrow but back in the evening as lockdown starts Sunday morning so need to get wristbands.  I will be back regally so updates will continue if you would like me to.

i know they are worried about the thunderstorms that may hit Sunday into Tuesday but if they miss it will be a dust bowl festival. ???? if they hit then..... let’s not go there shall we.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 13

7 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

today has been very hot meaning liberal coatings of factor 50 and more water drank than in the English Channel.  Blimey it was brutal but what a day.

as you can imagine is drying up very quickly add in the wood chip that has been spread next to the roadways (about 12 foot).  Grass is dry and freshly cut.  

Went over to block 9 and Arcadia last night which was very wet and muddy but I recon it will be drying nicely now, word of warning the ruts that are dry are unforgiving on legs and ankles.

I will be home for tomorrow but back in the evening as lockdown starts Sunday morning so need to get wristbands.  I will be back regally so updates will continue if you would like me to.

i know they are worried about the thunderstorms that may hit Sunday into Tuesday but if they miss it will be a dust bowl festival. ???? if they hit then..... let’s not go there shall we.   

The force field has held strong thus far. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Cheers for the update. Enjoy the party!

We're people up at the stones for the solstice this morning?

12 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Thanks Mr Splodge, looking forward to seeing you and Mrs Splodge in a few days!

Been down the local (I said to myself last weekend I wouldn't drink until glasto but the sun came out!). Feeling rather chuffed that the best 5 days on earth are around the corner, the weathers looking tip top (I'm an eternal optimist and my glass is always half full) and we are about to embark on something that is truly unique.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dccool said:

Been down the local (I said to myself last weekend I wouldn't drink until glasto but the sun came out!). Feeling rather chuffed that the best 5 days on earth are around the corner, the weathers looking tip top (I'm an eternal optimist and my glass is always half full) and we are about to embark on something that is truly unique.

Dunno why I put that in the state of the ground thread....just had to get it off my chest.

Efests is the best.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick-bristol said:

So I put my tent up a couple of hours ago. Very dry but ground was easy enough to push the tent pegs in by hand. 

Grass is cut and being collected by the land owners. 

Its looking great there!

DC796842-18DE-48D2-A08C-55B29BC57D2E.jpeg

Should have been this weekend!