The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Just checked the webcam and it's looking good, suns out on the site drying out any rain from the last week.

It's dry enough for the tractors to be out cutting silage in the fields with no signs of them churning up the ground. and the muddy track by the pyramid is looking a nice shade of light brown.

If it's still like that on Monday I'll be very happy.

Just realised I have neglected my duties whilst mourning the loss of the gherkin data. So today’s update is:

RAM jam jar = 30mm

well Sticky stick = well is dry. The stick is finding it more difficult to poke down into the mud. About 2 inches of dry mud now showing on the bottom of the stick.

Big Dog’s paws= slightly “teenage boy’s feet” smelling 

the sun is blazing. back doors wide open.  Grass now dry and can be walked on in socks with no adverse effect.

will definitely cut the grass later.

53B3FCD3-DFC6-4BC2-A4B0-FCCF1B20A9D7.jpeg

Edited by deebeedoobee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just realised I have neglected my duties whilst mourning the loss of the gherkin data. So today’s update is:

RAM jam jar = 30mm

well Sticky stick = well is dry. The stick is finding it more difficult to poke down into the mud. About 2 inches of dry mud now showing on the bottom of the stick.

the sun is blazing. back doors wide open.  Grass now dry and can be walked on in socks with no adverse effect.

Excellent, looks like even if we get a few downpours a spell of drier sunny weather quickly dries things out. Be good if traders etc get on site whilst trackways are dry.

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sticky stick

Just wondering if there any photo's of the stick @deebeedoobee? The RAM jam jar & random object posts are great but i'm not sure if I've seen the stick? I did scroll through but the last 10 or so pages it's been raining pictures of cats and dogs. 

4 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

Just wondering if there any photo's of the stick @deebeedoobee? The RAM jam jar & random object posts are great but i'm not sure if I've seen the stick? I did scroll through but the last 10 or so pages it's been raining pictures of cats and dogs. 

Nope the sticky stick has not made his media debut yet 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

RAM jam jar = 30mm

he's mowing people it must be dry

15 hours ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

Amazing! Well done. Please wear it as a tshirt next week! I'd love to spot it out in the wild!

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

RAM jam jar = 30mm

Yours are my favourite weather reports EVER. We need to get you Carol Kirkwood's job!

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

An manically sanding making the most of the beautiful weather in Taunton . Will be back on site early evening and will report back. 

We're full of optimism here :)

Bonzer!

Webcam is looking glooooooorious at the mo