The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sad news alert. Turn away if you don’t want to be upset

i came out to the garden this morning, it is beautifully sunny with birds tweeting. To find.....the gherkin jar had been vandalised. Who would do such a thing! I blame the cats next door or the pigeons ( we have very fat pigeons in Pitlton). Big Dog is not pleased. I’m not pleased with BD, who should have been on guard instead of laying in the grass farting. No report for the rainfall over the past 24 hours. The record is lost to the grass., never to be revealed.

It may take some time to get over this tragedy, it may not.

Thanks for this significant update Dee. I'm not taking it as a bad omen.

I believe the gherkin jar knew it's job was done. It has served it's purpose and and has now laid down to rest and bask in the good weather.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

That thread has started to remind me why I thankfully realised some months ago that trying to have a rational convo with someone online about Brexit is a total waste of time!

Sometimes just a fleeting line of the thread summary from General News intrigues me, but then I have a peak inside and realise what a terrible mistake that was.

16 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sad news alert. Turn away if you don’t want to be upset

i came out to the garden this morning, it is beautifully sunny with birds tweeting. To find.....the gherkin jar had been vandalised. Who would do such a thing! I blame the cats next door or the pigeons ( we have very fat pigeons in Pitlton). Big Dog is not pleased. I’m not pleased with BD, who should have been on guard instead of laying in the grass farting. No report for the rainfall over the past 24 hours. The record is lost to the grass., never to be revealed.

It may take some time to get over this tragedy, it may not.

That is not that bad, sad news at this stage would be the gherkin jar actually floating away on the rising groundwater.

10 hours ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

I want to get this on a flag !

43 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

June 21st.  Not just the Summer Solstice, bu also Bring Your Dog To Work Day!

https://www.bringyourdogtoworkday.co.uk/

Happy BYDTWD everyone!

Happy Summer Solstice and I am pleased to be spending it with my favourite colleagues ever. I'm also cautiously hopeful that it won't be too muddy a festival. 

Nuala sleeping.jpg

Ferris sleeping.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Did you have to use a high res version of the pic? Can you send me it if you did? I'm going to try and find somewhere to do it this weekend! 

Here’s a nice big version for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4whiapz0mmpmnar/Tempestate Accidit.jpg?dl=0

I really don’t think a flag would fit into the way I do the festival to be honest, but if anyone else would like to use it please go for it! I’m thinking I might put together something to bring along to the meet. ?

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

As my grandson would say ( if he was old enough to speak ) OMG . I’m glad someone with talent has made a better job of the “State of the Ground” badge. Thank you x

Thank you, for every heartwarming update we get. It’s little things like this that really do allow us to enjoy the spirit of Glastonbury all year long!

1 hour ago, barkley87 said:

This is fantastic! I really want to put it on a tshirt 

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I have!

Seriously impressed at the speed of this!

Cheers for the kind words everyone!

7 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

Here’s a nice big version for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4whiapz0mmpmnar/Tempestate Accidit.jpg?dl=0

I really don’t think a flag would fit into the way I do the festival to be honest, but if anyone else would like to use it please go for it! I’m thinking I might put together something to bring along to the meet. ?

Thank you! Hopefully someone can sort it for me this weekend 

17 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

You should send it to GlastoPostcards to see if it can be a postcard for next year!  Send H who runs it a link to this thread!

https://twitter.com/glastopostcards?lang=en

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

We may be worried about the state of the ground currently but I am seriously worried about you lot and your state of mind. You have gone completely cuckoo.

luv you all :giveheart:

You started it ???

46 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We may be worried about the state of the ground currently but I am seriously worried about you lot and your state of mind. You have gone completely cuckoo.

luv you all :giveheart:

Will sticky stick be making an appearance at the meet on Wednesday?