The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

22 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Don't say I didn't warn you!

IMG_6976.JPG

Did they just see one of the Nal's posts?

21 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Both this and the weather thread have gone utterly mad. Are we all getting a bit giddy with it being so close now?  

100%

Love this place in the last week before the festival - someone will go nuclear and get banned in a bit.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Tbf I’d say that’s looking pretty good considering the amount of traffic that road would get 

and it's dry under the truck, so not splashy splashy muddy, heres hoping it stays that way :)

Edited by paulshane

Just now, Peroni said:

must of wiped this from my memory. I remember the mud. But didn't think it was that bad!

Yes, I think that was the weekend before the gates opened from memory. There were some folks on these forums who heard the festival might be cancelled because the crews/punters were struggling and couldn't get on site. Sawdusty posed some scary posts that weekend if i member correctly?

4 minutes ago, coma girl said:

That's what I thought! 

Is that woodchips on the ground on the right? 

Yup but don't freak - with the roadway and the stage cover there the surrounding area gets much more water than open ground, and it's down at the bottom of site so last to drain.

Let's not forget that the worst but of 2016 was the getting there for many of us. Those traffic queues and waiting to be towed on and off the site. We lost an entire weds and were knackered for the Thurs so it wasn't a great start. 

By the Sunday afternoon we were all worried about getting out so called time on it early. 

The mud situation was compounded by the piss poor traffic management, trackways being still stuck in the mud at download and apparently a falling out with the local farmers association who are on hand with tractors. 

Hard lessons learned for the festival and hopefully they've put all in the contingency in place to prevent that happening again however clarty it gets. 

4 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of hours free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

Absolutely cracking effort that

46 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of hours free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

If I see this on a flag at the fest I will track you down and hug you.

• Upvote 1