The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Combo of this and the weather thread I think we’re in for a good one people. Still time for things to change but I reckon that whatever happens, it’ll be no swamp. ?

Hi all

what a day, raincoats on raincoats of, full Armageddon wet gear on then repeat.

grass has been cut again I am sure when you sit painting bins you can see it grow.

block 9, unfairground, and shangrila was looking fairly good last night (couldn’t go in but I was surprised how good the ground was).

anyway as you can guess site took a battering today it was looking so good mid morning track ways were nearly dry.  Now they are wet and muddy again but grass areas have coped well.   Just back after sheltering after a very heavy downpour.  Wood chip is now being spread around the site.

When the influx of staff arrive this weekend and then the traders arrive will be the decider I an sure.

Certainly not liking the weather warning Sunday through to Tuesday for thunderstorms. 

Will post another update tomorrow.

• Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

How muddy is muddy? 

Well, the road had two brown tracks in each direction lasting for about 200 yards where the wheels of vehicles leaving the site had brought mud on the road. No actual clumps of mud on the road.

Edited by Ommadawn

If we are talking cats this is one of mine after being run over Glastonbury weekend then getting fixed by the vet at huge expense.

F4F9D8B0-E92D-4E08-AAB6-5ACA8E65244D.jpeg

I like to think he can now see into the future with his dodgy eye

Edited by morph100

6 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Both this and the weather thread have gone utterly mad. Are we all getting a bit giddy with it being so close now?  

How can you tell? By the way, if anyone sees the jam and gherkin jars on a T-shirt come and say hello! (Yes, I have gone utterly mad now ???)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D-Low said:

Bumping this for that bloody gorgeous sunset. Is there anywhere else on Earth where a sunset looks as nice as a Glasto sunset? Nope. Didn't think so ?

Check the webcam now for more beautiful Glastonbury sunset

1 minute ago, D-Low said:

Bumping this for that bloody gorgeous sunset. Is there anywhere else on Earth where a sunset looks as nice as a Glasto sunset? Nope. Didn't think so ?

Check the webcam now for more beautiful Glastonbury sunset