The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I've got a family meal at the Crossways in North Wootton on Sunday... How long should I give myself to arrive from Shepton?!

Just don't come into Pilton the A37 way - (traders are routed in through Pylle) so come in along the B3136, onto the A361 and then off to North Wootton -  that road isn't closed to the public until Tuesday. It'll be busier than usual, but you shouldn't get stuck unless they've changed the route traders are brought in. 

Have a nice meal!

19 hours ago, Mr Splodge said:

Hi All

site report after a busy day painting.

After rain overnight the site was wet this morning BUT it was dry all day with a gentle breeze.  Tracks are still a little wet on top but drying up nicely.

grass areas are taped of to stop vehicles driving on them but when vehicles do they leave ruts meaning it’s wet underneath.

dry for the next 2 days I am told by the people in the know on site so everything should dry out.  What we need is no more rain before the traders arrive on site.

going down to Maceos tonight (Block 9 crew bar) so will report on the ground conditions in SE corner tomorrow.

so many deliveries being made today (so many) refrigeration lorries parked near some of the bars ????

It’s nice to write a positive update again.

Not ground related but can traders get in Maceos? 

Spent an hour of my working day in the woods with my parents' dog Bonita (it's a hard job but someone's got to do it).

This was her reaction when I told her about the most recent forecasts.

image.png.8175af0a1f207ef564a676364462c011.png

And then when I told her dogs weren't allowed at Glastonbury.

image.png.99c196f793b17fc0311a2b121fc4fc9c.png

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Diva Sam said:

i was not expecting this when i clicked this topic i must admit. 

We're a long way up in the air compared to the experts on this topic.

My little expert is currently in kitty hospital so I'm quietly awwwing at all these pics of good boys and cute kitties and keeping my fingers crossed. Glad the flatmate will be here over Glastonbury for him

What's going on? I go on lunch, see loads of updates, get excited about the info I'm about to absorb and...

Cats and bloody dogs! Not what I'm looking for in this thread. Unless it is actually raining cats and dogs of course. 

Edited by MrHew

Sadly I do not have a dog but here is Hugo, the little prince that I dog sit for my boss. 

Best of all, my boss has just got a Springer spaniel puppy that I'll be looking after next month for a week, so I'll get a paid week off work to play with their dogs and relax in their hot tub. Can't ask for better than that!

IMG-20190601-WA0000.jpg

These are fair points all well made. Back to ground updates.

Do we have anything new since @Sawdusty Surfer's glorious update last night? I've sent that post to my doubting Thomas mates and they're starting to believe.  I haven't been brave enough to try and explain @deebeedoobee's measurement methods yet, not sure they're ready to understand jam jars, sticky sticks and Big Dog just yet