The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Little Dog Quincy opened the curtains himself this morning and is soaking up the London sun from his favourite spot - he's also praying for good weather in Somerset as he'll be staying near Weston Super Mare with his grandparents.

DSCPDC_0003_BURST20190607170816002_COVER.JPG

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Ahhh the art of knowing when to sacrifice the avocado is not one I have mastered yet. However this one was very good. It had sat in the sun all day so was ripened to perfection.

big dog says “ mmmmmmmm don’t stop” I worry about that boy sometimes

I sensed that as he appears to be the spirit twin of Queen Nuala the ruler that a belly rub would be a winner. 

I too have not mastered avocado perfection detection. Every time I cut one open and it is edible I am happy!!

Just read 15 pages of this and have to say. It was a roller coaster! Been trying not to get too emotional over the weather, it’s always changeable in the run up, but the ground conditions had me worried after ‘16.

Now feeling positive, so thanks to all the roving reporters. You’re all stars.

Oh, and Hollie says Hi. X

A5304BB3-02A5-41D0-9CAA-3BCE2B9B0382.jpeg

12 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I sensed that as he appears to be the spirit twin of Queen Nuala the ruler that a belly rub would be a winner. 

I too have not mastered avocado perfection detection. Every time I cut one open and it is edible I am happy!!

The simple pleasures of life.

They should give lessons in school for APD ( avocado perfection detection). Some politician must have it on their manifesto.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:
Good morning happy smiley people. Today’s facts ( believe them or not , I give no shits):

RAM jam jar = 30mm. So some evaporation occurring.

The gherkin = 0 mm. no rainfall in 24 hours

avocado eaten - replaced with a more high tech device. 

well sticky stick = well dry. Base harder than it’s been since records began. Mud thick and difficult for 2 inches. Increasingly difficult to get the stick into the base. Not yet got to “snappy stick” status but we are on our way. 

Big Dog paws= Flakey.  A little  like himself this morning. Current position- sideways on grass soaking up some rays.

6117E4FE-7908-479F-9E22-AC6198D0B13F.jpeg

I've been pining for this latest updated, I'm happy now it's cone and gone.

57 minutes ago, Magma said:

Little Dog Quincy opened the curtains himself this morning and is soaking up the London sun from his favourite spot - he's also praying for good weather in Somerset as he'll be staying near Weston Super Mare with his grandparents.

DSCPDC_0003_BURST20190607170816002_COVER.JPG

Gorgeous Quincy, Simon and Boycie say hi !!.... sorry, as you were.... 

1CBDA628-7808-4AAF-8DA1-39AA886E7E4A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Oh I love this thread SO much. I may have been a silent witness for many years (I registered in April 2004 ?) but I always watch and learn. And this thread has been heartening, funny, collaborative and beyond that - joyful. Much like our beloved festival. Bring. It. On.

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just remember that the road from Pilton A361 to north Wootton (just by the crown pub) is closed to all except village pass holders. I'm not sure when this comes into force but security set up on Saturday.  I'll check my paperwork and see what it says.

You are probably best going to wells and coming into Wootton from that direction as traders won't use that road so much.

Loved this mornings Pilton pictures!  Not wishing to hi jack this thread but do you know if the Glastonbury to Shepton bus will still run this coming Sunday, Monday Tuesday? We were thinking about heading to Crossways for a lunch one day and fancied a country walk from the main road so obviously wouldnt be in Pilton itself.

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Loved this mornings Pilton pictures!  Not wishing to hi jack this thread but do you know if the Glastonbury to Shepton bus will still run this coming Sunday, Monday Tuesday? We were thinking about heading to Crossways for a lunch one day and fancied a country walk from the main road so obviously wouldnt be in Pilton itself.

There’s nothing on my road closure/ festival pack info about buses. I’d have thought they would still run along the main road A361. As there is only one every 2 hours I never take the bus. In fact I’m not even sure there is one on a Sunday is there? 

Crossways is lovely food.

• Upvote 1