The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

5 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I miss the avocado already :(

Still it put a good shift in. All the best to the pine cone which I am sure can pick up where the avocado left off.

That i feel the same way is starting to make me question my sanity.  If the Sticky stick goes Snappy stick i'm not sure i'll recover! 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

avocado eaten - replaced with a more high tech device. 

6117E4FE-7908-479F-9E22-AC6198D0B13F.jpeg

Hope the avocado was nice. It seemed like a good one radiating positivity on the weather of Pilton as it did. In gastronomic terms there is not much worse than cutting into an avocado and discovering that it is horrid on the inside and can't be eaten. 

Give belly rubs to Big Dog . 

1 minute ago, MrHew said:

I bloody love this thread!

Aye, why I love this place.  For every argument about Tories, there's @bombfrog's Favourite Track thread.  For every thread about diversity and women in music going down the pan, there's the quotes of people's mums being asked for their opinion on Stormzy.  For every snarky response there's the thread and whatsapp group on supporting mental health at the festival.

And towering over all, like a furry colossus, is Big Dog.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Hope the avocado was nice. It seemed like a good one radiating positivity on the weather of Pilton as it did. In gastronomic terms there is not much worse than cutting into an avocado and discovering that it is horrid on the inside and can't be eaten. 

Give belly rubs to Big Dog . 

Ahhh the art of knowing when to sacrifice the avocado is not one I have mastered yet. However this one was very good. It had sat in the sun all day so was ripened to perfection.

big dog says “ mmmmmmmm don’t stop” I worry about that boy sometimes

47 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:
Good morning happy smiley people. Today’s facts ( believe them or not , I give no shits):

RAM jam jar = 30mm. So some evaporation occurring.

The gherkin = 0 mm. no rainfall in 24 hours

avocado eaten - replaced with a more high tech device. 

well sticky stick = well dry. Base harder than it’s been since records began. Mud thick and difficult for 2 inches. Increasingly difficult to get the stick into the base. Not yet got to “snappy stick” status but we are on our way. 

Big Dog paws= Flakey.  A little  like himself this morning. Current position- sideways on grass soaking up some rays.

6117E4FE-7908-479F-9E22-AC6198D0B13F.jpeg

@deebeedoobee you make me chuckle every morning! Loving the jam and gherkin jars. Fingers crossed we have ‘snapped stick’ come Wednesday morning ?

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

big dog says “ mmmmmmmm don’t stop” I worry about that boy sometimes

As the associated human it is OK for you to miss out the capitalisation but for the rest of us the correct usage is Big Dog.....

1 minute ago, dazednconfused said:

@deebeedoobee you make me chuckle every morning! Loving the jam and gherkin jars. Fingers crossed we have ‘snapped stick’ come Wednesday morning ?

To be fair it’s not a substantial stick. It was my oil tank dip stick, and before that a runner bean support stick. It’s been around and had a varied life so to be relegated to well stick is not so bad 

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

To be fair it’s not a substantial stick. It was my oil tank dip stick, and before that a runner bean support stick. It’s been around and had a varied life so to be relegated to well stick is not so bad 

Sounds like it had a full and rich life. No harm done if it snaps in services to efests now. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dmedxb said:

Given the positive trends since Avocado entered Dee's updates, I am concerned about its demise...

Don't worry, it was always going to be upgraded as it would never have lasted until 2020 when Dee starts her new state of the ground thread!

Friend “I’m worried the ground is going to be boggy, what with the rain and all the vehicles setting the site up”

Me ”Don’t worry, Sawdusty Surfer has said the ground is dry and Dee’s well has no water in it”

Friend “What on earth are you talking about?!”

Me “Nevermind”

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Friend “I’m worried the ground is going to be boggy, what with the rain and all the vehicles setting the site up”

Me ”Don’t worry, Sawdusty Surfer has said the ground is dry and Dee’s well has no water in it”

Friend “What on earth are you talking about?!”

Me “Nevermind”

Me all the time ??