The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

18 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

I need to know everything about this dog. What sort is he? Is he fully grown? Is he one of yon hypo-allergenic types? Is he for sale? If he’s not for sale, where can I get one just like him? 

I need to know all these things too please. Obvs @Rubber Soldier is first in line to buy him though 

10 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

I need to know everything about this dog. What sort is he? Is he fully grown? Is he one of yon hypo-allergenic types? Is he for sale? If he’s not for sale, where can I get one just like him? 

He's an eight month bischon/toy poodle cross (popularly called a poochon but I refuse), won't grow much bigger, hypo-allergenic, good with kids and other dogs and defo not for sale I'm afraid. We found him through Pets4homes (obviously check the breeders are legit because there are some dodgy sellers on there) and ended up driving from Liverpool to Great Yarmouth to pick him up. Totally worth it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hitthenorth said:

This was Friday 24th June 2016 believe it or not.P1000981.thumb.JPG.4a8ec7e7f69cee3ebb8a2bfd11a9617e.JPG

P1000984.JPG

As a contribution to the dog thread, isn't this giraffe a bit of a fail?

• Like 1

Disclaimer: This anecdote comes from around an hour and a half north of the festival site, but... 

I’ve been in a notoriously poorly draining field all day with 1500 people. It was raining this morning when people first set foot on it and drizzled for a further hour. It looked like it would begin to churn and was slightly wobbly on top (like jelly). It then stopped raining and started to dry out, staying firm despite heavy traffic. Later in the afternoon the sun came out and within half an hour it was bone dry and solid. At the end of the day there were just dark tracks worn in the grass, no mud. At 8.30am I’d have bet on a mud bath. 

Ground dries quickly. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Priority has to be ensuring  heavy vehicles don’t churn up the ground in the few days run up to the festival if weather is rainy. Same goes for traders arriving on site. Think that was a contributing factor to the mud in 16. 

Get the wood chips ordered! 

Aye or get the bastards in on Saturday when everything should be bone dry

Then hopefully have minimal damage when the rain seems set to return early next week

49 minutes ago, chibukushakeshake said:

He's an eight month bischon/toy poodle cross (popularly called a poochon but I refuse), won't grow much bigger, hypo-allergenic, good with kids and other dogs and defo not for sale I'm afraid. We found him through Pets4homes (obviously check the breeders are legit because there are some dodgy sellers on there) and ended up driving from Liverpool to Great Yarmouth to pick him up. Totally worth it.

Thanks! And well done for not selling your dog to a stranger on a festival forum ?? Although I would very nice to him. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CeriG said:

For me I don't mind if we have a bit of a mud bath.... its constant raining that soaks you to the bone that I'm praying we don't have.

Having said that I wasn't at 2016. But I have done other festival with thick mud.... was 2016 really that hard work?

2016 my trolley stacked it on the way in pretty much 5 minutes in to the gate. And that was on the Monday. On the Wednesday the sole of one of my (sturdy leather boots that have never let me down!) was peeled pretty much clean off, the mud was like glue.

However, it's still up there in one of my best years on site so far 

• Upvote 1

Hi All

site report after a busy day painting.

After rain overnight the site was wet this morning BUT it was dry all day with a gentle breeze.  Tracks are still a little wet on top but drying up nicely.

grass areas are taped of to stop vehicles driving on them but when vehicles do they leave ruts meaning it’s wet underneath.

dry for the next 2 days I am told by the people in the know on site so everything should dry out.  What we need is no more rain before the traders arrive on site.

going down to Maceos tonight (Block 9 crew bar) so will report on the ground conditions in SE corner tomorrow.

so many deliveries being made today (so many) refrigeration lorries parked near some of the bars ????

It’s nice to write a positive update again.

• Upvote 23

38 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Hi All

After rain overnight the site was wet this morning BUT it was dry all day with a gentle breeze.  Tracks are still a little wet on top but drying up nicely.

grass areas are taped of to stop vehicles driving on them but when vehicles do they leave ruts meaning it’s wet underneath.

dry for the next 2 days I am told by the people in the know on site so everything should dry out.  What we need is no more rain before the traders arrive on site.

going down to Maceos tonight (Block 9 crew bar) so will report on the ground conditions in SE corner tomorrow.

so many deliveries being made today (so many) refrigeration lorries parked near some of the bars ????

Cheers dude! Enjoy Maceos ?

42 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Hi All

Do you know when the traders arrive?

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you know when the traders arrive?

I am trying to find out.  Loads of deliveries today the tracks were like the m6 on a Friday.

they seem very weather reactive this year (quiet yesterday when raining andbusy today when dry)