The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

No a dog, but here's a reply to my husband campsite sent last night from the person who runs the disabled, which we camp in because he uses a wheelchair. They were emailing about something else but he thought he'd ask about the ground, and this was the response. Given the site was rock hard a couple of weeks ago, I think this is promising!

IMG_5821.JPG

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

For me I don't mind if we have a bit of a mud bath.... its constant raining that soaks you to the bone that I'm praying we don't have.

Having said that I wasn't at 2016. But I have done other festival with thick mud.... was 2016 really that hard work?

This was Friday 24th June 2016 believe it or not.P1000981.thumb.JPG.4a8ec7e7f69cee3ebb8a2bfd11a9617e.JPG

P1000984.JPG

5 minutes ago, hitthenorth said:

This was Friday 24th June 2016 believe it or not.P1000981.thumb.JPG.4a8ec7e7f69cee3ebb8a2bfd11a9617e.JPG

P1000984.JPG

Apart from the paths, it wasn't that bad in some places at first, I remember sitting on the grass up at the stone circle on the Thursday daytime. But then it just got worse and worse as people walked everywhere.

Just now, duke88 said:

Apart from the paths, it wasn't that bad in some places at first, I remember sitting on the grass up at the stone circle on the Thursday daytime. But then it just got worse and worse as people walked everywhere.

People should be made to stay in one place goddammit! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I had a look at the vids from '05. Despite the mad deluge on the Fri morning, folk were sat on the grass by Saturday evening. <insert spiel about improved drainage here>  In '16 we arrived to the Somme but it would have been trainer-able by the Friday were it not for the early morning chuck down. From what I've seen so far, we will be fine.

The year i set off from Big Ground to watch British Sea Power in John Peel - I set off looking like a Scottish Deep Sea fisherman and wished i had gone in t shirt and shorts, the weather changed from bad to good so quick.

1 hour ago, Saint northover said:

Not the ground but shows the level of rain fall not that bad with dry days coming up can't see it being that bad. 

Screenshot_20190619_133616_com.facebook.katana.jpg

It shows about 3mm of water on a dirty groundsheet.  The wood is slightly damp.  Give it an hour of sunshine and that would be completely dry.  I'm not worried ?

• Like 1