The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

37 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm waiting with baited breath for the possibly worse news from @Mr Splodge or @Sawdusty Surfer

Hopefully I'll be doing a delivery up to the CN field this afternoon or early evening.

Will report back.

Been having a right old game trying to get everything ready, would have been finished two weeks ago if the weather had kept onside.

Edit. Daught #2 just phoned from site to let me know that it is Maceo's opening night tonight. She said that the ground was absolutely not waterlogged and it dries up very soon after it stops raining. I'll try to be a bit more in depth with info later.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, balti-pie said:

That tasty storm managed to pop across the channel to Eastbourne, and we had a magnificent 90 minute electrical storm with hundreds of lightning strikes and some absolutely torrential rain which I viewed from a pub garden with a beer in my hand! Beautiful, dramatic, like the very end of days. We had it, so Pilton didn’t have to ??

It was spectacular to watch from Brighton sea front. We were spared most of the rain so sat out watching it. Can only imagine what it must have looked like over in Eastbourne!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sku said:

It was spectacular to watch from Brighton sea front. We were spared most of the rain so sat out watching it. Can only imagine what it must have looked like over in Eastbourne!

Sku from Brighton. I'm Skoo from Brighton. Freaky!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not believing this until we hear from Ace Frehley.

Screenshot_20190619-101403_Twitter.thumb.jpg.94843e6d45f76f050332aeb922039dfb.jpg

look how clean their boots are? theyve not been trudging through mud! 

Looks like they've taken this in the only patch they could find. Just to put the frighteners on us! those buggers!

Edited by Stocksey

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Not believing this until we hear from Ace Frehley.

Screenshot_20190619-101403_Twitter.thumb.jpg.94843e6d45f76f050332aeb922039dfb.jpg

Folk are doing a great job of proving why the Express etc are right to post about Glastonbury weather the way they do - find singular patch of mud, use that picture, everyone goes mental and shares like mad

Can see the top of their boots, could be near any tap on anything but a blazing year

1 minute ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Even in the dustiest of dry years there's always a puddle like that. Without a wider angle or context I'm disregarding that pic entirely.

Correct always bits like that where the taps are... they leak... and people make a mess...