The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

getting this in before the deluge.

RAM jam jar = is showing 30mm. Which means we have had further evaporation in the last 24 hours 

well sticky stick = well dry. Base hardening. Mud thick for 3 inches.

Big Dog paws= warm and sweet smelling

RAM jam jar has been joined by the gherkin pot. This will be measured then emptied every morning to record 24 hours of rainfall.

shit  ....any more measures and I’ll need to retire just to keep up!

3BE878EF-72FD-4F27-8499-3295919A4902.jpeg

•  

?

22 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

RAM jam jar = is showing 30mm. Which means we have had further evaporation in the last 24 hours 

RAM jam jar has been joined by the gherkin pot. This will be measured then emptied every morning to record 24 hours of rainfall.

Are you expecting a deluge? Uh-oh

1 minute ago, Wurzelcat said:

Are you expecting a deluge? Uh-oh

yeah, big storms coming in, heading diagonally up from the channel - South East is likely to get the worst, but bristol is on the edge of the 'weather warning' area, so likelly that the site gets a hosing down too. Theoretically, still time to drain away before the gates open though :)

3 minutes ago, paulshane said:

yeah, big storms coming in, heading diagonally up from the channel - South East is likely to get the worst, but bristol is on the edge of the 'weather warning' area, so likelly that the site gets a hosing down too. Theoretically, still time to drain away before the gates open though :)

I live in Bristol and we had deluges at the weekend while Pilton was dry. This morning it was sunny and I considered putting the washing out for a nanosecond, I think as soon as I thought that it clouded over.

Haven't left the house without a raincoat for about two weeks now, I think it's been much worse here than in Pilton

43 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

I do 'ave a car tho I'm going on the coach this year so I'm hoping it will all be dried up on Thursday after you lot have all had a good walk about on the first day.

Scraping the jam jar today...

Edited by fightoffyour

37 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

The avocado is freaking me out.  I was fine with the fruit, but an avocado?  But then again, I'm not sure if the avo is a vegetable or a fruit?  We used to call them avocado pears yeah, but are they actually fruit, or some kind of herb or nut or something? According to Wikipedia they're a berry and not a drupe - what the fuck is a drupe, and for that matter what's a shitting 'imperceptible endocarp'.  Is a berry a fruit?  I'm off to find a cup of coffee...

In short - any chance of a clearly fruit fruit tomorrow?

6 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

The avocado is freaking me out.  I was fine with the fruit, but an avocado?  But then again, I'm not sure if the avo is a vegetable or a fruit?  We used to call them avocado pears yeah, but are they actually fruit, or some kind of herb or nut or something? According to Wikipedia they're a berry and not a drupe - what the fuck is a drupe, and for that matter what's a shitting 'imperceptible endocarp'.  Is a berry a fruit?  I'm off to find a cup of coffee...

Given that the endocarp is the "seed". an the the dictionary definition of Imperceptible is "Impossible or difficult to perceive by the mind or senses"

Does an avacado even have a seed? if is it too magnificent and mind blowing to consider? 

56 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

Is it too much to ask for a webcam while you are at work................

7 minutes ago, Stocksey said:

Given that the endocarp is the "seed". an the the dictionary definition of Imperceptible is "Impossible or difficult to perceive by the mind or senses"

Does an avacado even have a seed? if is it too magnificent and mind blowing to consider? 

It has a giant pit seed, and is considered a berry. 

Also a strawberry isnt a berry, and a peanut isnt a nut. ?

13 minutes ago, paulshane said:

coffee is technically a fruit too you know.

Fruit seed technically

59 minutes ago, rubick said:

@gherkin8r to thread pls

Tears in my eyes

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

I'd like to thank my family, my dog and myself. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Glastonbury first day of the festival two efesters greet one another amongst a crowd, look to the skies and say

"So, the gherkin pot was right then"

"All hail the gherkin pot and big dog"

Others think, wow they are hitting it pretty hard already....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 13

59 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

That will depend on the fruit bowl, as the Co-op hasn’t opened it’s doors here in Pilton yet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps