The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Christ that video of water pissing out of the ground from 2016 sure makes me feel better about this year ? those two side by side videos are a godsend for my mud anxiety.

Still time for damage to be done (including over the festival) but at least we're pretty far out from heading for another muddy slog like 2016.

Aye, we don't have a mahoosive lake onsite like we did this time in 2016 either.

Ground's not going to be perfect, but we are going to be a fair bit better off than 3 years back.  Saying that, we all coped, it was a decent festival, I'd rather that than miss the festival any year.

• Upvote 1

Not been onsite for a few days now but daught#2 phoned about half an hour ago.She's there and said that the change in conditions underfoot were extraordinary today. This afternoon it seems that everything has firmed right up.She is extremely optimistic with the prospects.

I'll be back tomorrow or Wednesday dropping stuff off and will report back.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Cooter said:

yea yea yea but don't be silly

40 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I genuinely think were not going to even need wellies this year!

This is precisely why we have NFR NFC!  Bring your wellies or there will be trouble! We need to keep the weather gods happy by bringing waterproofs and suncream so we are ready for anything! Then they will grant us the dry weather that we love :)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

This is precisely why we have NFR NFC!  Bring your wellies or there will be trouble! We need to keep the weather gods happy by bringing waterproofs and suncream so we are ready for anything! Then they will grant us the dry weather that we love :)

Oh I've already lugged them over from Canada, I also have a pair of waterproof sneakers ?

Good morning peeps 

getting this in before the deluge.

RAM jam jar = is showing 30mm. Which means we have had further evaporation in the last 24 hours 

well sticky stick = well dry. Base hardening. Mud thick for 3 inches.

Big Dog paws= warm and sweet smelling

RAM jam jar has been joined by the gherkin pot. This will be measured then emptied every morning to record 24 hours of rainfall.

shit  ....any more measures and I’ll need to retire just to keep up!

3BE878EF-72FD-4F27-8499-3295919A4902.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 45

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

RAM jam jar = is showing 30mm. Which means we have had further evaporation in the last 24 hours 

RAM jam jar has been joined by the gherkin pot. This will be measured then emptied every morning to record 24 hours of rainfall.

Sterling work Dee!

4 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning peeps 

Superb fruit variation.

Absolute quality work, young lady.

Ben