The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning campers

What a glorious sunny morning! 

Todays update:

RAM jam jar is showing a Level of 33mm. Which is 2mm less than Friday. We had no rain over the weekend and it was lovely and warm when the sun came out so this short measure is obviously due to evaporation.

well sticky stick is well sticky. No water in the well. Stick goes into base with difficulty and is showing 4 inches of very thick almost dry mud.

Big Dog paws are dry and currently being licked. I’m sure he was a cat in his past life.

98421222-FE45-4669-AB70-46D039AFD5B2.jpeg

So if we strap oranges to the soles of our feet we wont get wet?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It seems like big dog and my Nuala are kindred spirits. She also does not like to go out for walks in the rain, licks her paws and has many other cat tendencies. 

Let's hope they can join together and become a force for dryness in a world of rain. 

DSC_0190.JPG

All Hail The Wheaten

??

Ben

1 hour ago, Wilfko said:

Feel like questioning the wise methods of Dee is sacrilege, but how about emptying the Jar following each update? 

Please forgive me oh Lord! 

1 hour ago, Wilfko said:

Feel like questioning the wise methods of Dee is sacrilege, but how about emptying the Jar following each update? 

Please forgive me oh Lord! 

1 hour ago, Flysheet said:

I’d disagree.

By dropping it also shows the rate of drying out...? Itself a very important factor 

Happy to go with either suggestion. You lot are far more sciencey than me.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Good morning campers

What a glorious sunny morning! 

Todays update:

RAM jam jar is showing a Level of 33mm. Which is 2mm less than Friday. We had no rain over the weekend and it was lovely and warm when the sun came out so this short measure is obviously due to evaporation.

well sticky stick is well sticky. No water in the well. Stick goes into base with difficulty and is showing 4 inches of very thick almost dry mud.

Big Dog paws are dry and currently being licked. I’m sure he was a cat in his past life.

98421222-FE45-4669-AB70-46D039AFD5B2.jpeg

What a Fanta stic sight. Dry ground is very a peel ing.

This little patch to the right of the Pyramid stage as been my mud barometer for the site as it's pretty easy to see - it had a lot of traffic going over it and got pretty muddy last week - looks like it's trying out nicely, though! ?

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 11.31.23.png

Edited by alibear

18 minutes ago, alibear said:

This little patch to the right of the Pyramid stage as been my mud barometer for the site as it's pretty easy to see - it looks like it's had a lot of traffic going over it and got pretty muddy last week - looks like it's trying out nicely, though! ?

Ha! That is the same spot I focus on! 

21 minutes ago, alibear said:

This little patch to the right of the Pyramid stage as been my mud barometer for the site as it's pretty easy to see - it looks like it's had a lot of traffic going over it and got pretty muddy last week - looks like it's trying out nicely, though! ?

Wouldn't that be a Mudometer? Or a Forfucksakeometer.

Edited by Dave_c

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I never thought that I would trust an old jamjar with a rusty handle, a school ruler and various pieces of fruit rather than all the weather experts with their satellites, computers, weather models and technology 

deebee rules! 

You forgot big dog! :o Don't forget big dog!

5 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Ha! That is the same spot I focus on! 

Great minds! 

4 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Wouldn't that be a Mudometer? 

I guess it would - along with @deebeedoobee's fruit/jar/sticky stick/Big Dog combo, we're doing better than any darn "forecast"!

Edited by alibear

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

By the way, my entire family now has the Sticky Stick song stuck in their heads.

Great song. Gotta love a bit of Hey Duggee.

Though when I read this thread I always misread deebeedoobees name and get "Strangers in the Night"

It's going to be fine.

I just put Wellies, tow-rope and grip-track into the Campervan. Knowing full well if I left them at home I'd need them and if I take them I won't.

Although the pictures a "Friend" sent to me from the Volksworld car park this weekend did put me in panic mode for a while...