The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

48 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

They won't be putting 200,000 people on it until Wednesday morning of the festival. It only need a day of good sunshine or a couple of days overcast weather to dry out. Monday/Tuesday before are the only days that really matter.

Pretty much what I said :)

49 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

And missing trackways because of Download.

Trackways from download go to Lattitude they move around the festival republic circuit, different company’s look after Glastonbury 

1 hour ago, jdizzle said:

Trackways from download go to Lattitude they move around the festival republic circuit, different company’s look after Glastonbury 

Aren't Festival Republic involved with running Glastonbury?

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Busy day today. This morning I painted my windows out the front of my house. Can’t have you lot driving past and seeing me dirty mullions.

then a walk around the entire site. No rain today ( not much at all this weekend). No photos either. I won’t post any spoilers. But here are my trainers after the walk. The muddiest parts of the site are SE corner around the new stage because of the heavy vehicles but still passable in trainers. And the park to back of other stage road. Again just a little muddy, no depth, nothing to panic about. Today has been warm with a breeze which is drying the paths out nicely. The grass areas are all very firm. Even the bit in the stone circle field that is boggy without the festival is firm.

theres some lovely new additions this year. It’s going to be great, even for you lot who have been lots of times. But just like Christmas you will have to wait until the Wednesday to open your presents.

F00F3CF3-157C-4F40-A14D-8545CB2FBD59.jpeg

Remarkable that you’ve had no rain all weekend - it’s been shower after shower in North Somerset.  Litterally not be able to anything outside this weekend as with ten minutes it would be raining 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

9.5 according to a countdown site.  I think it all adds up - we're going to Glastonbury soon, after a long, long wait!

HURRAH!

I’m at 7.5 days as I’m working on a bar so heading onto site Tues am.

However my coach leaves from Bristol and so I’m travelling there Mon PM and spending the night there to minimise travel tues and have a lie in. ?

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Maybe I'm wrong after all.  I dunno :D

There were definitely paths without tracks (which usually did have tracks) in 2016 - you notice these things when you're with someone who uses a wheelchair! It was a right pain in the arse.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:48 AM, gigpusher said:

Do you know where we can find pictures of the donated ones and their location if possible? It said on Daniel's Instagram or Twitter but I can't see any from this year. 

He has started to post them now on Instagram so they will appear between now and the festival . They are all overlooking the pyramid on the crossroads with big ground

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liame said:

Aren't Festival Republic involved with running Glastonbury?

they used to be a lot more involved - part of the licensing restrictions in the early 2000's.   

The trackway thing is more likely than not - a friend lost some work driving from Download to Glastonbury as his load was not available (he never knows what he is moving until he turns up!)

There was also a lot less trackway down in 2016 both public and backstage.