The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

1 hour ago, frostypaw said:

I don't think people go outdoors into the countryside much. It's like this is their annual exposure to what rain and the ground do

I work outside in the countryside, and I’d say it looks sodden enough that it’s be torn up within hours if it was like that when the festival started. On the other hand I also know how quickly the ground can dry out and so I’m not concerned (yet).

7 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I work outside in the countryside, and I’d say it looks sodden enough that it’s be torn up within hours if it was like that when the festival started. On the other hand I also know how quickly the ground can dry out and so I’m not concerned (yet).

What sort of soil pH would you say we're dealing with here? 

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

Hi Splodge!!! It’s been ages since i saw your name. I hope FF gave you the biggest hug from me last night. Can’t wait to see you all. 

Home for the weekend from Bin Painting.  Need to wash some clothes and restock beer etc, then back tomorrow afternoon :) 

looking forward catching up soon.  

1 hour ago, BlackZeppelin said:

My daughter's working there with her best pal this year.  Let's hope the ground dries up for the dance lessons....not easy in Wellies.

lets hope its a wellies only entry ...and the ground is dry ...I need a bit of a leveller .....

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

What sort of soil pH would you say we're dealing with here? 

6.5? It's so clay-ey I can't imagine it's particularly alkaline. Dunno what colour are the hydrangeas?

But yeah glad it's not this weekend, imagine the car parks would get funny still.

Looks like some overnight rain and a bit drizzly at the mo. Will be keeping an eye on the recovery. So far the ground appears to have recovered very well once drying conditions have kicked in. Still not really taking the forecasts seriously as they seem to change daily depending on which one you look at. The webcam and reports from the ground on this thread are all the info I need.

21 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Just looked the webcam and it looks anything but dry:( Then did the foolish thing of looking at the 14 day forecast - think i need a drink now!

Stop stressing hardly any rain fell yesterday and only a brief shower this morning at 6.  Dry for rest of day now