The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

I'm based in Nottingham and it's been raining here non stop since pretty much Monday/Tuesday and only stopped about an hour and a half ago. I've just been out on my lunch and in the 90 minutes literally everywhere has dried up and you wouldn't have any idea that it had ever rained now.

With that in mind, and the forecast over the next week or so, I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of mud and the ground when people arrive in 12 days. As @deebeedoobee has been telling us, the ground is holding well and Pilton hasn't had half as much as the rest of the country.

KTF

1 hour ago, Lees23 said:

10 mins ago from glastonbury facebook acc.

looks ok to me.  :)

farm.jpg

Thats not far from where we usually camp. 

Move forward about 30 feet then move left so the tree at the back of the Pyramid field starts enter your view and hey !

Its a good spot to camp when the weather is bad as you do not get much footfall up there as there is nothing past it in the way of stages or bars etc  and the water heads down the slope 

24 minutes ago, ivan said:

Thats not far from where we usually camp. 

Move forward about 30 feet then move left so the tree at the back of the Pyramid field starts enter your view and hey !

Its a good spot to camp when the weather is bad as you do not get much footfall up there as there is nothing past it in the way of stages or bars etc  and the water heads down the slope 

Us too! Great spot - nice and close to Muddy Lane (which will be muddy in name only this year!) which gives good access to most of the cool stuff!

5 minutes ago, plot2pot said:

Us too! Great spot - nice and close to Muddy Lane (which will be muddy in name only this year!) which gives good access to most of the cool stuff!

Normally up in that neck of the woods as well.  Love camping up there, nothing like that view first thing in the morning :)

39 minutes ago, Arcticz Liam said:

I'm based in Nottingham and it's been raining here non stop since pretty much Monday/Tuesday and only stopped about an hour and a half ago. I've just been out on my lunch and in the 90 minutes literally everywhere has dried up and you wouldn't have any idea that it had ever rained now.

With that in mind, and the forecast over the next week or so, I don't think we have anything to worry about in terms of mud and the ground when people arrive in 12 days. As @deebeedoobee has been telling us, the ground is holding well and Pilton hasn't had half as much as the rest of the country.

KTF

This.... I'm in Leicestershire and it hasn't stopped all week apart from today and already the ground is drying up.

My poor dog hasn't had a proper walk all week.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CeriG said:

This.... I'm in Leicestershire and it hasn't stopped all week apart from today and already the ground is drying up.

My poor dog hasn't had a proper walk all week.

I can further verify this. Ground at Nottingham Uni is bone dry (around my office at least). 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

480C0174-4430-44FB-A022-E04E3385FC8C.thumb.jpeg.4cbfe15ff07fc592e5b69512c85357d2.jpeg

just back from a hill walk, this is crazy, this is the west coast of Scotland today, statistically the wettest part of the U.K. sunny, decent temps and a gentle breeze. Will bring this down the M5 with us next week. 

Getting a vague KLF - Chill Out album cover vibes off this!

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

480C0174-4430-44FB-A022-E04E3385FC8C.thumb.jpeg.4cbfe15ff07fc592e5b69512c85357d2.jpeg

just back from a hill walk, this is crazy, this is the west coast of Scotland today, statistically the wettest part of the U.K. sunny, decent temps and a gentle breeze. Will bring this down the M5 with us next week. 

You can just see the top of the Pyramid Stage , but Stone Circle looks ok !

• Upvote 1