The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

4 hours ago, gordong said:

If the site can dry up in by the Monday in 2016 (read that on here) it can certainly dry up 12 days out from the festival with a fraction of the people churning it up. All we need is a couple sunny days, like the ones forecast for next weekend. 

This.  That Monday was glorious, I returned from the festival with a fantastic tan that no one understood after all the press coverage claiming it was constant rain.  At 9am the talk was that it was hell getting out of the carparks and people would need to be towed by tractors, we left about 2:30pm and drove out without a problem on firm ground. 

Here in the midlands this is the worst June rain since 2007 and the first time since then we've had widespread flooding in my area, but it's not even 1/10th as bad as back then.  Where that weather had an impact that lasted weeks this will be forgotten in a few days.

I live on a farm a couple of miles from pilton our ground is wet yes and where the horses are is churning up, but there is a nice breeze and the sun is trying to come out IF we have less rain from now we will be fine. the odd shower wont hurt but three or four days like yesterday and we could need canoes

8 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Hitchin Hill, I've always camped there as it's not overly busy and the view every morning is great. 

They were arsehole's the whole weekend! But I didn't let bring me down nor the mud!

Did you say anything to them? I think I'd go ballistic!

Apologies for radio silence this morning. I was busy trying to stop Big Dog from getting killed/ killing the scaffolders as he is incredibly nosey. Good job he can’t climb ladders....or at least I don’t think he can.

ok so since last reported we have had 1mm of rain recorded in the RAM jam jar. Current level is 36mm since Monday lunchtime.

there is NO water in the well. The stick is showing 6 inches of wet from the mud but this is where the water would have drained away this morning. So a better reading will be tonight once the draining has finished.

the sun is out, light breeze and it’s warmed up loverly. Big Dog has even decided it’s nice enough to lay out in the garden. Although this could be because he’s passed out, exhausted from keeping an eye on the scaffolders and not having a morning snooze/ fart session as per normal.

19A9F3DF-912F-4855-AC5B-DCB2AAE8DBCB.jpeg

• Upvote 29

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Apologies for radio silence this morning. I was busy trying to stop Big Dog from getting killed/ killing the scaffolders as he is incredibly nosey. Good job he can’t climb ladders....or at least I don’t think he can. 

ok so since last reported we have had 1mm of rain recorded in the RAM jam jar. Current level is 36mm since Monday lunchtime.

there is NO water in the well. The stick is showing 6 inches of wet from the mud but this is where the water would have drained away this morning. So a better reading will be tonight once the draining has finished. 

the sun is out, light breeze and it’s warmed up loverly. Big Dog has even decided it’s nice enough to lay out in the garden. Although this could be because he’s passed out, exhausted from keeping an eye on the scaffolders and not having a morning snooze/ fart session as per normal.

aaaaaaaand you're back in the room!

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

What's the word on the roof Dee?

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Wonderful stuff.

How's the roof/flooding?

17 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We’ve not Earning our bronze swimming badge just yet.

its all ok. No further rain so it can wait for tomorrow when Pilton digger can get up on the roof to fix it. 

I wondered if Pilton Digger was up there still, holding a bit of tarp over the hole.