The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Nightmare.... NO ONE should be allowed to touch your tent unless you are with it.. 

I've had my tent moved at Glastonbury 2016, my friends and I set up 4 tents in a comfortable space leaving plenty of space around for others to set up and came back to a whopping 6 man tent next to mine and my entrance/small porch bit was turned and pushed up against my friends tent so I couldn't get in it haha.

1 hour ago, Fork_UK said:

Pretty sure I remember reading in 2016 that Eavis bought the entire country's stock of wood chip to try and soak up some moisture.  So if it gets bad enough, I dont it matters how much wood chip or tracks you have.  Mud gonna be mud.  

I’m bringing my own wood chips with me this year... ?

cant afford them metal tracks 

12 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

And a nice patch of blue sky over the site!  Looks like there's still a few puddles on the pathways but that's hardly surprising.  With any luck, they'll have mostly dried by the end of the day

site.png

but a few miles west, I'm under this:

image.png.f330721e5d25c8fd7b8b7a95b5140a03.png

it's moving north-ish, so will hopefully miss the site, but who knows whats lurking below in the channel

Edited by paulshane

40 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I've had my tent moved at Glastonbury 2016, my friends and I set up 4 tents in a comfortable space leaving plenty of space around for others to set up and came back to a whopping 6 man tent next to mine and my entrance/small porch bit was turned and pushed up against my friends tent so I couldn't get in it haha.

Who does that?? ? where were you camped?

I flipping love this thread. So informative and so much live data to help build confidence.

The problem is is moving so quickly im just not getting any work done.

Waiting for the conversation with the boss

"is everything okay? your normally excellent productivity seems to be off of late"

"yeah fine just keeping up to date with current weather conditions 85 miles away because of an event im attending in 2 weeks time" 

im sure that will go down well

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stocksey said:

I flipping love this thread. So informative and so much live data to help build confidence.

The problem is is moving so quickly im just not getting any work done.

Waiting for the conversation with the boss

"is everything okay? your normally excellent productivity seems to be off of late"

"yeah fine just keeping up to date with current weather conditions 85 miles away because of an event im attending in 2 weeks time" 

im sure that will go down well

My boss is away today so I'm taking full advantage and spending my time on this and the weather thread.

1 minute ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

This is the weather thread I care about...mainly because it's a lot more positive!

Also, as much I would love a scorcher. I'm ok with rain while there as long as the ground can cope with it. Really do not want a 2016 again :(

Im ok with some rain... the main thing that's needed is a good amount of sunny spells. It really picks the mood up. 5 days of grey misery is just that.... misery. 

5 minutes ago, justperfect said:

I really need to see some pictures from inside the fence to reasure me. It's becoming my area 51

10 mins ago from glastonbury facebook acc.

looks ok to me.  :)

farm.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

This is the weather thread I care about...mainly because it's a lot more positive!

Also, as much I would love a scorcher. I'm ok with rain while there as long as the ground can cope with it. Really do not want a 2016 again :(

Yes my physio has just told me this morning that trudging through heavy mud would be pretty much the worst thing I could be doing with sciatica but if a bit of rain makes the ground a little softer it would be better for me so please don't degenerate into 2016 part 2.