The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

25 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

the well fills from a conduit system that runs through the village at this end.  The well is fed by pipes under next door that run to the well and then the pipes run round the back of the house, under the road and down the hill via other tanks / wells.  Ours fills and drains with rainfall, it will be gone in a couple of hours I would expect.  It is not ground water levels so no need to declare the apocalypse yet. when I get round to dragging out some of the crap in it, we will have more reliable water levels. That would be after I get on the bloody roof to try (again) to stop it leaking in the same place again. I feckin hate getting on old roofs.

2016 it came up much higher.

Was it ground water in 2016?

16 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'd love a well.

We didn't know it was there when we moved in, it was under a concrete slab. It has been on the jobs list for a while to remove the rubble in it to get a supply of free garden water. It isn't more that a yard across but it goes down at least 6 foot as far as I can tell.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

House hunting, finally had an offer accepted! So I’m letting myself get excited about Glastonbury now! 

Congratulations :) 

Moved into my new house yesterday and it’s kept me off these weather reports more than I’d like!

Latest is fine and dandy right? RIGHT!?

Edited by DareToDibble

1 hour ago, pilton digger said:

the well fills from a conduit system that runs through the village at this end.  The well is fed by pipes under next door that run to the well and then the pipes run round the back of the house, under the road and down the hill via other tanks / wells.  Ours fills and drains with rainfall, it will be gone in a couple of hours I would expect.  It is not ground water levels so no need to declare the apocalypse yet. when I get round to dragging out some of the crap in it, we will have more reliable water levels. That would be after I get on the bloody roof to try (again) to stop it leaking in the same place again. I feckin hate getting on old roofs.

2016 it came up much higher.

Spoke to friend of ours and he said the fields are starting to get WET...

No vehicles are allowed on camping areas but watched a YouTube thing this morning where some bloke said the green fields are OK but I don't want to be that person but when 175000000 people start stomping on it it'll be fucked.. 

Feel bad for the iow it's already a M bath.. It was on TV.. 

Come on the SUN................. 

sun-worshipper.webp

boy-kneeling-worshiping-260nw-1096542293.webp

Edited by guypjfreak

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Spoke to friend of ours and he said the fields are starting to get WET...

No vehicles are allowed on camping areas but watched a YouTube thing this morning where some bloke said the green fields are OK but I don't want to be that person but when 175000000 people start stomping on it it'll be fucked.. 

Feel bad for the iow it's already a M bath.. It was on TV.. 

Come on the SUN................. 

sun-worshipper.webpUnavailable

boy-kneeling-worshiping-260nw-1096542293.webpUnavailable

Luckily the sun and breeze is drying it all out next week......

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

Aaargh The Voice Of WWW...........I forgot about that; how could they be so stupid. The rest of us will now need to make even more sacrifices.

Can we sacrifice Marti Pellow?  Ritualistically?  Maybe with the sticky stick?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Can we sacrifice Marti Pellow?  Ritualistically?  Maybe with the sticky stick?

he needs to be pushed into @deebeedoobee's wishing well

"Caught up in her wishin' well
Its deebeedoobee's
Take your rain 'n' cloudiness 
And lose them fast (and lose them fast)"

Edited by Kinkyinuit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

People leaving download already and it's not started....????

Amazing really but those conditions to pitch a tent are pretty brutal. I would never leave glasto but that would be a very tough start 

Edited by ModernMan

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

lightweights :D

(though the beeb article talks to two people, one who slipped a disc falling and another who 'kept dislocating' her hip, so those two probably have valid reasons)

5 minutes ago, paulshane said:

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Dropped my son and his girlfriend off at download yesterday morning. Recent report was- bit of mud, like milkshake, not Glastonbury sticky mud, it’s all good.