The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

22 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just left site. Not too bad. Gateway into Crew Field blocked to avoid swampification but ground still very firm.

https://youtu.be/N_pbyV2_r_k

Fab - thanks for the video update!

If we can have one of those every hour on the hour for the next 13 days, it would be appreciated ?

36 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

Started! Where have you been!? It's already been very emotional... ?

Can confirm, the last couple of weeks has been a bit of a rollercoaster though thankfully, it looks like we dodged the worst of the weather!

@Sawdusty Surfer thanks for the update. Looks like we'll be able to get pegs in with no bother

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

IMG_20190612_200421.jpg

Sorry if this pic has worried anyone. Don't worry!

I chose that view as it is the only really bad bit I've seen. It is the main entrance to the crew field and so has the largest volume of traffic of any gateway onsite that doesn't benefit from hardstanding. 

Pretty much everywhere is still solid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just left site. Not too bad. Gateway into Crew Field blocked to avoid swampification but ground still very firm.

https://youtu.be/N_pbyV2_r_k

This this and this again please! Thanks for the update!

Edited by semmtexx
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:
So we had rain over night. It is currently  NOT raining in Pilton but looking very overcast.

RAM jam jar = 3mm rain fell over night

Well sticky stick = no water in well. Mud showing at 3.5 inches soft to wet

big dogs paws = Refuses to go out. Must have a bladder the size of a space hopper by now.

ground wet

will update this afternoon after I’ve dragged the mutt out (by the collar if necessary) and walked the top of the farm.

Best person, dog, well, stick and jar on the internet

22 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:
So we had rain over night. It is currently  NOT raining in Pilton but looking very overcast.

big dogs paws = Refuses to go out. Must have a bladder the size of a space hopper by now.

ground wet

will update this afternoon after I’ve dragged the mutt out (by the collar if necessary) and walked the top of the farm.

So 0.5 inches more mud than yesterday and a softer consistency?

I need another tent peg video to reassure me @Sawdusty Surfer

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

ground wet

Big dog sounds very much like my 2 in nice weather they can be in and out all day long but yesterday they went for a walk at 7 and didn't go out again until we dragged them out the door at 17:45 because the weather was bad. 

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Big dog sounds very much like my 2 in nice weather they can be in and out all day long but yesterday they went for a walk at 7 and didn't go out again until we dragged them out the door at 17:45 because the weather was bad. 

They know things are going to be improving soon - if they stay of the ground for a little while then they won't churn it up.  If it was a lost cause I'm sure they'd be straight out and wallowing in the mud.  Great sign!