The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Just now, pilton digger said:

he has been round and eaten some rabbit scut, failed to spot a security guard in high vis walking past until it scared the bejeesus out of him, studied the going and we can say that it is officially good to firm.

image.thumb.jpeg.195fb4c88e636b095e6f1e94994c62b6.jpeg

This is more like it! 

Great picture and great update!

Its bloody grim up north so delighted Pilton is getting some good weather!

I'll now get back in my box!

Carry on!

20 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

he has been round and eaten some rabbit scut, failed to spot a security guard in high vis walking past until it scared the bejeesus out of him, studied the going and we can say that it is officially good to firm.

Excellent!

Has there been any rain at all today in Pilton?

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@Sawdusty Surfer how's the ground on site? Any sign of it being churned up by the vehicles?

Still green and pleasant.

Very strict instructions not to drive on grass. 

Core crew (esp infrastructure) ahead with the build ATM and things have slowed down a little with unexpected days off. Don't think there is any panic or worry. Weather looking to improve in athree or four days and so I guess then everyone will really crack on.

All good.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

That’s the craziest thing I’ve heard on here so far, you absolute madman. 

No, I've had the heating on tonight and I'm sat here in my Christmas jumper I kid you not. We've never seen scenes like it round these parts! 

20190611_205221.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Divein said:

Not only has it chucked it down all day here, I’ve just got in and had to put the heating on.

ITS JUNE.

I'm with you. It's bloody cold out at the moment and as after every walk we come home soaking we've had the heating on for a couple of hours for the last few days. 

3 hours ago, pilton digger said:

That looks like the PGC ticket check gate area, at the bottom of the hill of death.. If it really is as dry looking as that then that's great.

Edited by Cooter

2 hours ago, Divein said:

Not only has it chucked it down all day here, I’ve just got in and had to put the heating on.

ITS JUNE.

I've had heating on since Sunday. Just had to pop in Primark to buy a hoodie to put under my raincoat on the way home it's freezing! 

2 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

https://www.regatta.com/montegra-amber-glow/

i have an issue with producing a lot of moisture so have to have a breathable jacket if I’m walking otherwise I boil in the bag. This is perfect for short rides, and for walking

I'm not in the market for a new jacket having just reproofed mine but that does seem a bit of a steal.....though always a bit suspicious of huge price drops....