The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

5 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Tens of thousands of footfalls are the disaster - 2016 looked alright on arrival but we made short work of that

It didn't look that great on the photos I saw. A lot of damage had already been done by vehicles. We need two things to prevent a mudbath - minimal rain during the festival, and Dee's well to stay empty.

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It didn't look that great on the photos I saw. A lot of damage had already been done by vehicles. We need two things to prevent a mudbath - minimal rain during the festival, and Dee's well to stay empty.

It's not looking promising on that front here

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Get the bad weather out of the way today and then more than enough time to dry up before the gates open :)

That's the spirit!

Yeah the weather might be a bit shit but there's still a chance it won't be and so what it's still Glastonbury right?

17 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Get the bad weather out of the way today and then more than enough time to dry up before the gates open :)

I see I am not the only coming to this thread after two days of torrential downpours ?

I'm with Doug. Rain now and dry from next week ?

Just now, Curlygirl said:

It’s beautifully sunny up in Seaham. I’d rather it bucketed down for the next week. I actually don’t mind the mud, it’s the wet stuff falling when I’m there that I don’t like. 

I feel the same, mud is much easier to deal with than rain, didn’t mind 2016. 

Charm x

Just now, Charm said:

I feel the same, mud is much easier to deal with than rain, didn’t mind 2016. 

Charm x

And it’s easier on my creaky knees and back. 2017’s hard ground nearly killed me and made me go to bed 2 hours earlier than usual! 2016 was fab for me ?

4 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

It’s beautifully sunny up in Seaham. I’d rather it bucketed down for the next week. I actually don’t mind the mud, it’s the wet stuff falling when I’m there that I don’t like. 

Yeah, absolutely beautiful just up the road in Sunderland. Nice and Sunny and just the right kind of temperature that would be great for Glasto. I honestly couldn't take a full week like the Wednesday in 2017. I've never felt temperatures like that in this country before. It's never that hot in the north east?

1 minute ago, Glastocat said:

Yeah, absolutely beautiful just up the road in Sunderland. Nice and Sunny and just the right kind of temperature that would be great for Glasto. I honestly couldn't take a full week like the Wednesday in 2017. I've never felt temperatures like that in this country before. It's never that hot in the north east?

It’s at least 6°c cooler up here. I lived on the south coast for 10 years and wore thermals when I moved back here! Mind, walking out of my front door this morning was like walking off an aeroplane, the hot air was just beautiful!

It's all about dry ground for me. I don't mind random showers at all, but if I can't sit down all weekend it does my head in. Hot weather with intermittent showers is fine! 

That being said, 2016 was the best time I've had at the festival, so any weather can be overcome!

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's all about dry ground for me. I don't mind random showers at all, but if I can't sit down all weekend it does my head in. Hot weather with intermittent showers is fine! 

That being said, 2016 was the best time I've had at the festival, so any weather can be overcome!

I get frustrated by it too. I think I'll see how the forecast/weather leading up is and then bring one of those little fishing tripod seat things if things are looking bad.