The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

It seems to have become a bit of a regular thread now. Not sure quite which yearI first started it but it's back!

Towed a couple of crew caravans onto site this evening.

The ground is as dry as Ghandi's sandal. I suspect that this will change, but only slightly, during the next few days as some light rain is expected on and off for the next week or so. that's not such a bad thing as it was very dusty driving around site. 

I'll update this thread from time to time with posts increasing as the show gets closer. 

A few rather poor pics from this evening. The light was starting to fade by the time I'd installed the workers into their new homes.

Nice to have the info old son thank you. G

13 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

It seems to have become a bit of a regular thread now. Not sure quite which yearI first started it but it's back!

Towed a couple of crew caravans onto site this evening.

The ground is as dry as Ghandi's sandal. I suspect that this will change, but only slightly, during the next few days as some light rain is expected on and off for the next week or so. that's not such a bad thing as it was very dusty driving around site. 

I'll update this thread from time to time with posts increasing as the show gets closer. 

A few rather poor pics from this evening. The light was starting to fade by the time I'd installed the workers into their new homes.

Always one of the most anticipated threads. Hopefully we're looking more '17 than '16 but whichever way it swings, we all appreciate your updates.

And also appreciate the mark you've made on the festival over the years. It's contributers like you who, as far as I'm concerned, make Glasters what it is.

I may be pissed and emotional but I think my point stands.

Edited by MrHew
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

A truly classic thread this one! You know the show is getting close now! Very much looking forward to the updates @Sawdusty Surfer

I must also say, that, despite spending 3 years working in an office next to crane 91, which even when dwarfed by old factories and container ships was an imposing structure... that thing looks bloody HUGE in an such an open space... really excited for what they have in store for us lucky few!

26 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Always one of the most anticipated threads. Hopefully we're looking more '17 than '16 but whichever way it swings, we all appreciate your updates.

And also appreciate the mark you've made on the festival over the years. It's contributers like you who, as far as I'm concerned, make Glasters what it is.

16 is nowhere to be seen right now my son!

29 minutes ago, MrHew said:

You're bang on.

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We need a new *it's happening* gif with a bloke wearing a fire hat on it ;)

Give it two minutes. @Gnomicide has more than fuck all to do now. So I'm sure he can do something with his stock of suspicious dog pics. :D He better include Ralph though. 

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd love to help but I'm busy.SmartSelect_20190602-003725_Twitter.gif.cd6149e25da2902efb94b737d5a3d288.gif

Fucks sake, I was only trying to see if I could organise a trip into Scouseland with me card carrying MIL and Hubs for the bus. Tomorrow afternoon pal. Le sigh. Missed it last time as well and I lived in Liverpool at the fucking time. Gah. 

Delighted for ya! 

• Upvote 1

@Sawdusty Surfer - I remember the 2016 thread, where one post finished with you saying that you were "utterly exhausted" (or something along those lines). 

It made me realise the effort put in by everyone on the site to build the festival.... And realise that those angry at that year's traffic queues and grumpy folks waiting for the Other Stage to open on the Friday were blind to such work. 

I hope you have no such difficulties this year - and echo all those who recognise what a significant part such insights play in ramping up the anticipation for the festival. 

Long may the state be dry. 

• Upvote 3

I love this thread so much every year!  Thank you @Sawdusty Surfer I am already massively obsessing about the state of the ground. (Not even joking, it’s everything, the difference between a standing festival (2016 was bad) and the possibility to sit down) fingers crossed 2019 to will be decent. Looking forward to more updates.