Jump to content
FloorFiller

Primavera Sound 2020

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

If we got about 50% of each of the Best kept Secret and Lovebox announcement, I'd be chuffed. Have seen plenty of them before but I'd be happy with:

Fontaines DC (add in the Murder Capital and Girl Band too please - actually those two and no Fontaines would be good!), Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Black Midi, as well as Anderson .Paak and Hot Chip would be f*cking magic. 

Toss in Thom Yorke and the rumoured headline acts (plus Young Fathers with Massive Attack!) and those already announced and I'd be absolutely thrilled.

Prepare to be thrilled!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Do Avalanches owe Prima a show? 

Hear they're making a new album for some time. 

Really enjoyed their live act at NOS Alive 2017 

They reunited at Primavera 2016, but since their gear was held at some border (or was delayed for another reason) they ended up playing a DJ set. So a live show would be certainly be booked for Primavera if available.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Do Avalanches owe Prima a show? 

Hear they're making a new album for some time. 

Really enjoyed their live act at NOS Alive 2017 

They didn't really put on a show last time (was a minimal, lazy DJ setup) so yes.

EDIT: I've done them a disservice.

@Quadrophobiais right.

Then again, they did a minimal, lazy DJ setup  when they played in London weeks later.

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They didn't really put on a show last time (was a minimal, lazy DJ setup) so yes.

EDIT: I've done them a disservice.

@Quadrophobiais s right.

Then again, they did a minimal, lazy DJ setup  when they played in London weeks later.

Maybe there were also production issues. I'm pretty sure though about hearing them say something about border issues.
Saw them with the live setup a year later and it was pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Maybe there were also production issues. I'm pretty sure though about hearing them say something about border issues.
Saw them with the live setup a year later and it was pretty good.

It was billed as a live show in London (as with Primavera) and yet it was just two of them DJing half-heartedly. One was swilling champagne for half of it from a bottle and seemed miles away.

I'd heard good things about them when they can be bothered and I'd be up for a live show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orens said:

image.png.91d9c2f362f02b2da5a6a7dcb6dc0d62.png

The big news for me is that DIIV is back in Europe June 11th after finishing their Europe tour March 20th. May we have them at Primavera even though they play Apolo 2 Barcelona i March? I would be so happy if that was the case.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, puckno said:

The big news for me is that DIIV is back in Europe June 11th after finishing their Europe tour March 20th. May we have them at Primavera even though they play Apolo 2 Barcelona i March? I would be so happy if that was the case.

Massively in favour of this too! They owe the festival an appearance too after cancelling in 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xxialac said:

Massively in favour of this too! They owe the festival an appearance too after cancelling in 2013.

They played in 2015, but would loved to see them again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm late to the party but the Angel Olsen album is really classy. Real shame about her.

Weyes Blood will cover her spot nicely. Though yeah, having both would've been sweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Design is not legit but list of names looks pretty realistic.

4FB735C1-6A68-4803-9355-A2B61F2CD532.jpeg

I don't see Sonic Youth ever getting back together, Kim and Thurston had quite an acrimonious splitting up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

 If this is true, they will sell out in one day.

Agreed, does look slightly too good to be true on reflection.

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...