Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Generally Primavera does not seem too keen on re-inviting smaller indie-bands after less than 5 years (Swans, Godspeed, Explosions and the Sky, etc) are touring in 2020 but have their own Barcelona date. Not sure about artists that have experienced change in popularity, however.

By the way, why not Iggy Pop as one of the many headliners?

Using the first 3 names from last year's poster and the names bandied about on here. How does this sound as an equivalent line up? Last year 5/9 top liners were female, so this year 5/9 are male.

Thursday

(Erykah Badhu, Interpol, Future) becomes Lana Del Rey, Pavement and Tyler the Creator.

Friday

(Janelle Monae, Miley Cyrus, Tame Impala) becomes Beck, Kacey Musgraves and Massive Attack

Saturday

(Rosalia, Solange, J Balvin) becomes Lizzo upgraded from minor stage, Bad Bunny and a latin/pop female Camila Cabelo?

The National doing High Violet as a classic album, not on top line

23 minutes ago, Valbork said:

Using the first 3 names from last year's poster and the names bandied about on here. How does this sound as an equivalent line up? Last year 5/9 top liners were female, so this year 5/9 are male.

Thursday

(Erykah Badhu, Interpol, Future) becomes Lana Del Rey, Pavement and Tyler the Creator.

Friday

(Janelle Monae, Miley Cyrus, Tame Impala) becomes Beck, Kacey Musgraves and Massive Attack

Saturday

(Rosalia, Solange, J Balvin) becomes Lizzo upgraded from minor stage, Bad Bunny and a latin/pop female Camila Cabelo?

The National doing High Violet as a classic album, not on top line

That sound like one of the worst lineups for  next season

1 hour ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

That sound like one of the worst lineups for  next season

That sounds like one of the best lineups overall for me. Particularly as it will be strengthened with Thom Yorke, someone great and unexpected, a great electronic act like Kraftwerk and a killer undercard (the latter is essentially guaranteed as they have one every year).

If you look at 2019 we had a lot incredible black women headlining and performing (Cardi B, she cancelled but still, Janelle Monae, Erykah Badu, FKA Twigs, Solange, Lizzo. Surprised folks aren't talking about who could fill those gaps. I think we will get some surprises here, maybe Missy Elliot, SZA, H.E.R., Snoh Aallegra (just booked for Lolla Stockholm), Lauryn Hill (been touring a lot in the States), Jamilla Woods.

Dare I say it but maybe they are working on one very exclusive name to put PS 2020 over the edge someone like Rihanna has been rumored.

Re: old school electronic - people keep saying Kraftwerk but I think The Chemical Brothers make a lot of sense. They keep announcing lots of festivals and have yet to perform in Barcelona with the new album. Seems like a good fit to me.

• Like 1