Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Is Murder Cap your fav of the three? They're the only one that I haven't seen of the trio. 

I think so. I find Fontaines a bit dull (live and on record) and whilst Shame are very good live, I just don't listen to them very often. I much prefer the  bands I listed although wouldn't complain at all if Shame, Fontaines DC and The Murder Capital were there as all are deserving of a spot on the line up.

Edit: It's also about time that Protomartyr played Primavera again, especially as they have a new album on the way in 2020.

Edited by Guy Incognito
  • Like 1

Do you guys think they will keep the gender balanced lineup for PS 2020? I'm just wondering because we had many female headliners this year but for 2020 we only know about Lana, I haven't seen any rumours about other female singers, who else could be a possible headliner? Kim Gordon, Kim Petras, Weyes Blood etc. are not big enough to play on the main stage but I'm pretty sure we will have at least another female headliner, I'm just not really sure who it could be.

Edited by kitkat129

1 minute ago, kitkat129 said:

Do you guys think they will keep the gender balanced lineup for PS 2020? I'm just wondering because we had many female headliners this year but for 2020 we only know about Lana, I haven't seen any rumours about other female singers, who else could be a possible headliner? Kim Gordon, Kim Petras, Weyes Blood etc. are not big enough to play on the main stage but I'm pretty sure we will have at least another another female headliner, I'm just not really sure who it could be.

As always, there will be some names that will pop up, that we don't know of yet. I can also imagine Patty Smith getting a slot quite far up.

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

As always, there will be some names that will pop up, that we don't know of yet. I can also imagine Patty Smith getting a slot quite far up.

Yeah agreed. There will be a female act that hasn’t really be considered so far that is headlining, maybe a Spanish act.

1 minute ago, kitkat129 said:

Do you guys think they will keep the gender balanced lineup for PS 2020? I'm just wondering because we had many female headliners this year but for 2020 we only know about Lana, I haven't seen any rumours about other female singers, who else could be a possible headliner? Kim Gordon, Kim Petras, Weyes Blood etc. are not big enough to play on the main stage but I'm pretty sure we will have at least another female headliner, I'm just not really sure who it could be.

I hope so. I'm not sure if this is controversial or not but in my opinion because they had so many big  female names at the top of the line up in 2019 lots of the options are unlikely to be there, especially as we know that both Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift are unlikely. There are still good options though, including Patti Smith, Lana Del Rey and Kacey Musgraves. Bikini Kill and Sleater Kinney could also appear towards the top of the line up.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I hope so. I'm not sure if this is controversial or not but in my opinion because they had so many big  female names at the top of the line up in 2019 lots of the options are unlikely to be there, especially as we know that both Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift are unlikely. There are still good options though, including Patti Smith, Lana Del Rey and Kacey Musgraves. Bikini Kill and Sleater Kinney could also appear towards the top of the line up.

I agree, there don't seem to be too many options after this year, it will most likely be a surprise name, Kacey Musgraves is possible (though in Europe she is not as popular as in the US), also just remembered that Fiona Apple said in an interview that she hopes to release a new album in 2020, would be awesome if she was back, but not sure how realistic it is. I'm expecting to see Grimes as well near the top of the lineup, and still hoping for Angel Olsen...

• Upvote 1

Dua Lipa looked like a strong guess, but she's out. Ariana Grande maybe ? Gabi is a fan but he didn't like her Coachella performance last year so I'd say more no than yes. The lineup will be 50/50, the headliners I'm not so sure at this point. I'd be happy with Patti

On another note, it's time to bring Dinosaur Jr. back :D

Just now, kitkat129 said:

I agree, there don't seem to be too many options after this year, it will most likely be a surprise name, Kacey Musgraves is possible (though in Europe she is not as popular as in the US), also just remembered that Fiona Apple said in an interview that she hopes to release a new album in 2020, would be awesome if she was back, but not sure how realistic it is. I'm expecting to see Grimes as well near the top of the lineup, and still hoping for Angel Olsen...

Those are all great shouts. I'd love to see Grimes and Angel Olsen on the line up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Those are all great shouts. I'd love to see Grimes and Angel Olsen on the line up.

I'm looking forward to see Grimes next year as well. Not gonna lie, it kinda triggered me her name not appearing on this year's lineup but I thought the album would drop earlier too

51 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Been MIA from this post for the past couple days. Anyone care to tell me what acts the user above has alluded to? ?

Hey welcome back. So I have a source who told me Massive Attack and The National are playing but waiting for it to be confirmed by the festival.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Is Laura Marling a possiblity? I know she's doing a small solo tour in auz/NZ. 

Only got into her in the last two years. She's quite amazing. 

Good call, I love her and didn't know she is touring next year, I don't think she is very likely but I would really love to see her!

1 hour ago, kitkat129 said:

Lizzo?

Patti Smith has good following in southern Europe but usually headlines 1000-2000 capacity shows.

Edited by emmanuel