Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Especially given how thematic All Points East generally are with their separate days, that feels like such a random day.

Johnny Marr was one of the highlights this year and he pulled quite a large crowd. While I'm surprised at the quick turnaround, it doesn't surprise me that he's been booked to return.

Edited by Mau5

5 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Especially given how thematic All Points East generally are with their separate days, that feels like such a random day.

I think, weirdly, it actually makes sense in terms of the demographic who'd pay for a day ticket to see Kraftwerk now. It would definitely skew towards older 6music types, who might love Kraftwerk and want to see the show but not be into the more younger electronic stuff that's maybe a more obvious undercard.

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I think, weirdly, it actually makes sense in terms of the demographic who'd pay for a day ticket to see Kraftwerk now. It would definitely skew towards older 6music types, who might love Kraftwerk and want to see the show but not be into the more younger electronic stuff that's maybe a more obvious undercard

Edited by xxialac

Again, I like The National enough but they wouldn’t be my first choice. Hoping one of the headliners brings a bit more of a party than what we’ve got so far.

Pavement, Massive Attack, The National and the presumably Lana Del Rey and Tyler, the Creator up top... not getting me overly excited, that (bar Pavement).

Thanks Gnarler you legend. If you could find it in your heart to do one final name perhaps later this week that would be amazing.

Sad to say but agree with all comments on the National.

Now if they were to do a High Violet set to mark it’s anniversary that would be different...

Edited by xxialac

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Again, I like The National enough but they wouldn’t be my first choice. Hoping one of the headliners brings a bit more of a party than what we’ve got so far.

Pavement, Massive Attack, The National and the presumably Lana Del Rey and Tyler, the Creator up top... not getting me overly excited, that (bar Pavement).

It's not exciting, except for Tyler and Pavement (for me) 

I'd imagine the remaining headliner would be female led? Really hoping for Portishead. Who else could it be? 

Diana Ross? 

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

So the headliners are Pavement, Massive Attack, The National, Lana, Tyler the Creator and Bad Bunny?

I can't confirm about Bad Bunny because he isn't in my list. I was given 7 names and he isn't one of them. In the list are 6 headliner level names but he said there are more so he could well be there. 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Thanks Gnarler you legend. If you could find it in your heart to do one final name perhaps later this week that would be amazing.

Sad to say but agree with all comments on the National.

Now if they were to do a High Violet set your mark it’s anniversary that would be different...

I'll confirm another name on Thursday ;) 

Yeah I'm not crazy about seeing The National again but I do like the newest album.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

If its Kraftwerk I'll be very sad the one year I go to Primavera is the year without great headliners. 

I mean a lot of people were hating on last years lineup but I thought it was pretty good on paper. 

Let’s wait and see! Still have barely any names and it might work out for you. :) For what it’s worth I was disappointed by last year’s poster and it ended up being easily in my top 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

If its Kraftwerk I'll be very sad the one year I go to Primavera is the year without great headliners. 

I mean a lot of people were hating on last years lineup but I thought it was pretty good on paper. 

Unlike other big European festivals, Primavera Sound isn't  not one of the ones that relies really heavily on the headlienrs. Don't worry too much about who's on top of the bill.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Unlike other big European festivals, Primavera Sound isn't  not one of the ones that relies really heavily on the headlienrs. Don't worry too much about who's on top of the bill.

This is so true. If I'm honest, I'm super disappointed with the 7 names I was given—it definitely isn't 20 year anniversary worthy. But like @xxialac said, I wasn't too stoked with the 2019 lineup and it ended up being the best festival I'd ever been to.

7 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I can't confirm about Bad Bunny because he isn't in my list. I was given 7 names and he isn't one of them. In the list are 6 headliner level names but he said there are more so he could well be there. 

Do you mean, there's more that your source knows and he thinks are big enough names to headline? Interesting. Maybe we will end up with a poster like 2019s which had lots of names at the top