Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, puckno said:

Well, their statement today is basically a ´we are still on, until being told otherwise by others´.

I think their statement is 'we're getting a lot of stick for saying nothing, so we will say something quite vague but not negative which will either undermine our ability to recover insurance monies or lead to having to deal with a million emails requesting a refund'.

Anyone would have to be living on Mars not to work out that first week of June isn't happening.

I'm just thankful that they didn't postpone a few weeks back like Coachella have.  Can we 100% say that Coachella will be going ahead in October?  Nope.

I think at this point 2020 can't happen, the LA edition will also be cancelled & they will set their sights on 2021.

1 minute ago, livenstu said:

I'm just thankful that they didn't postpone a few weeks back like Coachella have.  Can we 100% say that Coachella will be going ahead in October?  Nope.

I think at this point 2020 can't happen, the LA edition will also be cancelled & they will set their sights on 2021.

It seems Spain will be taking the trauma early. Terrible numbers coming out.

Whereas the US is looking at a much worse situation potentially with a systematically broken health system and complacent, weak leadership. Expect Spain to rebuild way before the US does.

So I think it would be interesting to do a little poll of everybody here because I’d like to kind of get an idea on what people would be leaning towards.

Let’s say the festival is canceled today and will take place in 2021. You are given two options. Would you:

A: ask for a full refund or
B: roll your ticket to next year

Personally I would ask for B because I jumped on the early ordering with my VIP from last year so I got VIP tickets for this year for like €250 I think. I would be sad, but I understand completely that things like this sometimes happen (although never in my life) and would look forward to hopefully having Pavement coming next year.

22 hours ago, whos3000 said:

I think we will get to zero daily cases in Italy in 3 weeks/ 1 month. Then you have to sum I would say at least 3 weeks of additional lock down. So Italy will get back to normal around the half of may. If Spain is 1/2 weeks behind and all goes well, it will end at the beginning of june there, definitely too late

I'm sorry to sound unoptimistic, but as things stand at the moment it is very unlikely that in Italy there will be zero contagions in a month, even less in 3 weeks.  I don't think there will be any festival in the whole 2020, neither in Spain, nor in other parts of the world, unless a vaccine comes out soon (which is unlikely, according to WHO). If you consider Wuhan and the Hubei area in China, it all started with them and they are still struggling with contagion and deaths. What we could see in the next month in Italy is a possible drop in contagions. It will take a longer time to reach zero. Other areas of Europe like France and Spain are struggling with the beginning of the contagion, with a curve that is growing exponentially faster than in Italy. In addition, there is the danger of "returning" infected people like those who are experiencing in Wuhan. In other words, people who have never been ill are no longer receiving the contagion from within the country, but from those who are returning from abroad.If in Italy and in the future, in Spain, there will be zero contagion again, there will be the United States potentially still in the process of getting the virus, and they will not be able to come to Europe (there is a good chance that in order to avoid a second "returning" pandemic, the various nations will keep their borders closed until this evil is eradicated).

5 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

I'm sorry to sound unoptimistic, but as things stand at the moment it is very unlikely that in Italy there will be zero contagions in a month, even less in 3 weeks.  I don't think there will be any festival in the whole 2020, neither in Spain, nor in other parts of the world, unless a vaccine comes out soon (which is unlikely, according to WHO). If you consider Wuhan and the Hubei area in China, it all started with them and they are still struggling with contagion and deaths. What we could see in the next month in Italy is a possible drop in contagions. It will take a longer time to reach zero. Other areas of Europe like France and Spain are struggling with the beginning of the contagion, with a curve that is growing exponentially faster than in Italy. In addition, there is the danger of "returning" infected people like those who are experiencing in Wuhan. In other words, people who have never been ill are no longer receiving the contagion from within the country, but from those who are returning from abroad.If in Italy and in the future, in Spain, there will be zero contagion again, there will be the United States potentially still in the process of getting the virus, and they will not be able to come to Europe (there is a good chance that in order to avoid a second "returning" pandemic, the various nations will keep their borders closed until this evil is eradicated).

I think we won't see a Summer festival season but we might see some Autumn festivals. October is in 7 months. The first Wuhan case was 3 months ago

If we are still unable to go about life with some degree of normality in 7 months, then we will all be so poor and society will have broken down to such an extent that a music festival will be the last thing on our mind anyway.

We need strong governments and disappointing how we are not acting as a global community with some rising to the challenge and others dithering.

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think we won't see a Summer festival season but we might see some Autumn festivals. October is in 7 months. The first Wuhan case was 3 months ago

If we are still unable to go about life with some degree of normality in 7 months, then we will all be so poor and society will have broken down to such an extent that a music festival will be the last thing on our mind anyway.

We need strong governments and disappointing how we are not acting as a global community with some rising to the challenge and others dithering.

Point of clarification - the first recorded case in Wuhan was over 4 months ago (Nov 17th)...

Dont think anything will happen this year, it wont come back to normal until vaccine is in place. This just wont go away, it can come back in new waves, so i think no concerts and no sports / theatres / movies until 2021. Sounds extremely depressing, but i think thats the case. Most of events will simply go to 2021, like Olympics and Euro Football. 

4 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Dont think anything will happen this year, it wont come back to normal until vaccine is in place. This just wont go away, it can come back in new waves, so i think no concerts and no sports / theatres / movies until 2021. Sounds extremely depressing, but i think thats the case. Most of events will simply go to 2021, like Olympics and Euro Football. 

A vaccine needs to be not just developed/tested but also mass produced and that is at least a year away, say the scientists, possibly into Summer 2021 and beyond so it could even threaten those events.

There is the possibility that it mutates into a weaker form or is contained quicker than expected. 

But god, even the optimistic case scenario is depressing as hell.

13 hours ago, puckno said:

"Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: ‘We’re going to be fine’"  

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate

Belgium hardly tested up and till now, those figures are never the same in the countries. South Korea and Germany don't count the deaths of people who had pre existing problems and already in hospitals for example. Belgium and France do. But he's been right in predicting till now so I hope he's right. 

14 hours ago, puckno said:

"Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: ‘We’re going to be fine’"  

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate

I think China will have to be studied closely. If there is a second wave, then we'll know this is going to be an extensive thing potentially here to stay.

I'm aware that certain people in the US establishment are adamant they have to get everything back up & running as normal by Easter. But I fear that's just being too eager.