Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, fools_gold said:

For those who've done Barcelona and Porto, I'm tempted to do the latter. Barcelona I've been to a lot and the festival there and something more stripped back does sound quite appetising.

What's NOS Primavera like? Pros, cons etc?

There's several people's answers to this on the main Reddit board, which addressed this really well I thought. 

19 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Suede and Primal scream I think are a bit bigger than Pavement, and apeal to the same demographic, both played Ray-Ban/primavera this year. But they tour a lot and Pavement is a much more special show.

Stereolab are a bit smaller in my opinion, and also Was a reunion (though not exclusive) and did Ray-Ban.

So basically it can go either way. 

Personally I hope it will be Ray-Ban. By far the best stage

Pavement are possibly Suede and Primal Scream sized in Europe but in North America there is no comparison - Pavement play in arenas, or multiple nights in theatres.  There will be lots of people (including myself) who have missed the last few Primaveras but are very tempted to return (for possibly one last time!) because of Pavement. They aren't reforming after 9 years to play an exclusive show on the Ray Ban or Primavera stages.  

8 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Pavement are possibly Suede and Primal Scream sized in Europe but in North America there is no comparison - Pavement play in arenas, or multiple nights in theatres.  There will be lots of people (including myself) who have missed the last few Primaveras but are very tempted to return (for possibly one last time!) because of Pavement. They aren't reforming after 9 years to play an exclusive show on the Ray Ban or Primavera stages.  

Is there a good estimate of how many Americans are actually traveling to Primavera to see them?