Jump to content
FloorFiller

Primavera Sound 2020

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Did that quote come from the UK health minister? Because she's contracted it! 

A high ranking medical officer. It's not a perfect quote as she said 'relatively safe' and 'at the moment'.

She also had obviously never been to a football match or a concert as she was under the impression that at outdoor events you could keep a distance of 2 metres from people. 

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting harder to image this could go on as planned, unfortunately. Spain should peak sometime late this month / early April, and then would need at least a month to slowly come down to normal again. Just not enough time, and thats best case scenario. If we look at China, their peak passed, slowly coming to normal again, but i dont think there will be any serious public large gatherings in the near future, at least 2-3 more months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrej said:

Getting harder to image this could go on as planned, unfortunately. Spain should peak sometime late this month / early April, and then would need at least a month to slowly come down to normal again. Just not enough time, and thats best case scenario. If we look at China, their peak passed, slowly coming to normal again, but i dont think there will be any serious public large gatherings in the near future, at least 2-3 more months.

China had their virus during the Winter.

Feel the last modicum of hope is that the ever warmer weather slows it significantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Germany, France and Spain at least will soon follow Italy in complete lock down measures. 

Who are the American artists that have tours ending (and not starting) around Primavera btw? Those with very short tours excluded. Those are the ones we can already call off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daveje said:

Catalonia suspending all events with more than 1000 people

It is not the most ambitious, to say the least. It is almost as they do not take this seriously. They should go talk with some italian doctors. You see the same in many countries right now, the public get the feeling that government is always one or two weeks behind. I guess they will change that rule in a week, max two.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brunch in the city for March 15th is off but looks like they are still planning events for after the two week ban on gatherings.

C1D9AA79-2D05-4B7F-A573-645984010315.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Goodbye 2020 festival season now i guess. 

too early to say that still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DDave said:

too early to say that still.

No, it's not. The situation in Europe is getting worse by the day. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

No, it's not. The situation in Europe is getting worse by the day. 

I know, but to write off the entire festival season when the latter ones are 6 months away is a bit premature.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaredean said:

The low numbers in Australia and south America shows that the hopes summer will end it might come true.

Probably too late for Primavera, might save the August festivals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Im still pretty sure 90% that Primavera will happen...some here on this thread literally are having hard on whenever they read something about corona

it's funny how you talk like this is like a business deal. "it will happen, it's rumours etc etc." 

we don't know how this is going to evolve, but it will for sure affect the festival, even if it's over by then, it will be very close to the festival dates.

however, it's better if this corona thing happens for a longer time but well contained than having a bigger boom during march and april and everything going worse due to high contagium and high health care search, it will have far more sever consequences. so think about that, with primavera or without, this is a public health issue and it is everyone s interest.

 

so people, let's keep safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Trump has banned travel from schengen zone EU countries to America for the next 30 days. Is it fair to say this measure happening now is a positive thing for the prospects of Primavera going ahead? 

Does mean a couple of gigs in my calendar are likely to be cancelled though. Not sure American acts will come over just to play the UK legs of their European tours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

So Trump has banned travel from schengen zone EU countries to America for the next 30 days. Is it fair to say this measure happening now is a positive thing for the prospects of Primavera going ahead? 

Does mean a couple of gigs in my calendar are likely to be cancelled though. Not sure American acts will come over just to play the UK legs of their European tours. 

I don't follow. Something like this - unprecedented in peacetime - I can't see how this could be interpreted as a positive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't follow. Something like this - unprecedented in peacetime - I can't see how this could be interpreted as a positive?

Sorry... whilst I don't agree with the measure, I thought it was pretty inevitable he would go down that path. And if this had happened in May, Primavera most likely gets cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Sorry... whilst I don't agree with the measure, I thought it was pretty inevitable he would go down that path. And if this had happened in May, Primavera most likely gets cancelled. 

I see. I think "the next 30 days" doesn't mean "which will end in 30 days" but rather "which will be renewed in 30 days but we can't yet confirm".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

So Trump has banned travel from schengen zone EU countries to America for the next 30 days. Is it fair to say this measure happening now is a positive thing for the prospects of Primavera going ahead? 

No, it's just political theatre. Covid-19 is already in the US and spreading quite happily.

Right now I'm a lot more concerned about the impacts on healthcare services than I am about PS being cancelled.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...