Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

On 1/21/2020 at 3:01 PM, TapeRecorder said:

How much of a problem would staying in el masnou be too? Ran out of possible Airbnb options for a group of 8, understand its miles away but was thinking getting to the Parc in the day time wouldn't be too much of an issue, and then can always get a taxi in night, have seen that taxis are a bit of a shambles at night although

Depends on what hour do you want to leave the festival. If at 6 am, no problems at all. Before... It could be a problem because catching a taxi is quite impossible

Edited by umibozu

31 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

I wish Id been around to watch him on MK2s... 

I had the luck to see him live alongside Claudio Sinatti at Teatro Carignano during Club to Club 2012, what a show.

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

The last thing the Thursday needs is more clashes. 

I knew someone was going to say this. 

Throw them up against The National. I offer this sacrifice to the clash gods! 

As long as I get to see Massive attack, Pavement, black midi, Sampa and maybe AEAEA I'll be content for the Thursday. 

12 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

They're tour buds, Primavera unexpected?

The Thursday of Prima could certainly do with adding Young Fathers. 

Certainly Massive Attack will bring some guests on this tour. Maybe Tracy Thorn?

The way they've teased 'Special Guests' announced soon for their All Points East day suggest they have someone interesting planned (in addition to Young Fathers)

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Certainly Massive Attack will bring some guests on this tour. Maybe Tracy Thorn?

The way they've teased 'Special Guests' announced soon for their All Points East day suggest they have someone interesting planned (in addition to Young Fathers)

I'm glad the first time I'm seeing them they're going to hopefully have YF and other guests join. 

Just now, Rico_Pliskin said:

I'm glad the first time I'm seeing them they're going to hopefully have YF and other guests join. 

They always have great guests!

Very hard to see who they will bring but Young Fathers must be the favourites at the moment. I'd expect one of Martina Topley Bird or Eliazabeth Fraser. Tricky probably not.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Any indications of that? Except for conversations round her book she hasn´t performed live for like... two decades?

If she ever return to stage I certainly hope it is in the capacity of EBTG. Also some of her solo material is quite good.

1 minute ago, puckno said:

Any indications of that? Except for conversations round her book she hasn´t performed live for like... two decades?

If she ever return to stage I certainly hope it is in the capacity of EBTG. Also some of her solo material is quite good.

Of course I agree it's a long shot but Tricky hadn't performed with MA for two decades before he joined them for Hyde Park gigs.

Part of MA's success has been their convening capacity. They can attract amazing vocalists etc on the basis of their reputation.

And they innovate too, especially with visuals. Be interesting to see how their gig turns out.

5 hours ago, puckno said:

i would have thought the same thing about Elizabeth Fraser before she came out of hiding last year and went with them on their Mezzanine tour, so there's still hope (and hope for EF to come to Primavera!)

35 minutes ago, jaredean said:

i'm thinking that there might be a surprise Stephen Malkmus set during the festival at one point with his new solo album dropping in March...doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility - it isn't like he needs to bring the Jicks with him 🤔

Good thought. Who else might do a solo set.

Perhaps Matt Berninger (though his time in Barcelona is probably too short to fit two performances in)?

Edited by xxialac