Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Weird thing: last years lineup (without the Hidden Stage and SEAT Village addictions) had 67-70 acts per day while this year's has 58-61. Why would they low the number of acts playing daily? Specially during such a big 20th anniversary celebration.

Because they've blown all their budget on Frank Ocean

• Like 1

The worst part is that I'm expecting a second announcement with acts such as Frank, Pulp or Thom Yorke. There's so many things pointing to a second announcement, honestly. The lack of a press release or day splits, then posting the lineup video with the caption "it's coming...", the lineup being a bit smaller than last year's, etc. 

1 minute ago, diogozsz said:

The worst part is that I'm expecting a second announcement with acts such as Frank, Pulp or Thom Yorke. There's so many things pointing to a second announcement, honestly. The lack of a press release or day splits, then posting the lineup video with the caption "it's coming...", the lineup being a bit smaller than last year's, etc. 

I'm not getting my hopes up for bands of that size, but more names are possible. It also wouldn't be too surprising for Primavera to make the line up release even more arduous this year. 

The poster that Pavement leaked shows day splits though. I know that Primavera didn't release that themeselves but why would there be a random poster sent to artists, which didn't have the full line up. 

Just now, Glenn Coco said:

Can't believe ya'll are pulling me into this false hope.

The buildup to the lineup has been messy.. the post lineup reveal being messy is just Primavera being Primavera 

I agree. This line up poster speculation is misguided imo. The "it's coming" just seems like a tagline of sorts. It's the Bradford Cox and Low hints that confuse me, in addition to the number of acts on the line up. 

1 minute ago, So Sad Simon said:

Frank Ocean asks for too much money in relation to how much money he can bring in with extra ticket sales.

If he comes to Europe and plays exclusive then he's worth the money but not if he does series of dates.

And I mean he asks a LOT of money. More than all other of this year's PS headliners.

Aye the only way I saw him being able to play this year was as a sort of favour due to pulling out last time, but tbf he’s gone stratospheric since then, and I doubt he gives a fuck. Coachella will be paying him big big bucks.

1 minute ago, So Sad Simon said:

Frank Ocean asks for too much money in relation to how much money he can bring in with extra ticket sales.

If he comes to Europe and plays exclusive then he's worth the money but not if he does series of dates.

And I mean he asks a LOT of money. More than all other of this year's PS headliners.

The Strokes must ask for nearly the same amount as Frank does. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Frank isn’t playing and I refuse to get caught up in all this baseless speculation.

Stop this now!

Unless...

It's not completely baseless though...

I can't think of one other good reason why they haven't posted the news more than 24 hours after the announcement. No way have they forgotten - they've got a 10+ year track record of doing it on the same day, 10 years+ of  running a website and it's a copy-paste.

Unless something is up with a biggish name yet to be announced.

Bradford/Low/sub-par numbers can be explained away easily. Either their comments/likes have been misinterpreted or they will have a range of mid-tier surprise acts added.

But why no news?

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's not completely baseless though...

I can't think of one other good reason why they haven't posted the news more than 24 hours after the announcement. No way have they forgotten - they've got a 10+ year track record of doing it on the same day, 10 years+ of  running a website and it's a copy-paste.

Unless something is up with a biggish name yet to be announced.

Bradford/Low/sub-par numbers can be explained away easily. Either their comments/likes have been misinterpreted or they will have a range of mid-tier surprise acts added.

But why no news?

What news are you expecting? 

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

What news are you expecting? 

The news of the lineup with their long, colourful descriptions as they posted in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, etc etc. Pretty sure always on the announcement day, as in within an hour.

They've gone to the great trouble of writing it. Why not post it?

Edited by xxialac

absolutely zero chances that more huge names are being added after the release of the poster. don't remember this ever happening for primavera since i follow the festival market. pulp, frank ocean - ruled out imo. thom yorke as as surprise act - maybe a bit of a chance, being somewhat of a niche act as a solo singer. 

Edited by neacaisa
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Please stop trying to get my hopes up about big surprise acts, especially Pulp. Over the years I've dated/fancied four different girls that have seen Pulp, and they all told me how it was an amazing experience. Seeing them, it's something my heart yearns for

No chance Pulp, Frank Ocean etc are playing. 

3 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

absolutely zero chances that more huge names are being added after the release of the poster. don't remember this ever happening for primavera since i follow the festival market. 

It's a very low chance for Primavera's case but it's not zero. I can conceive of a scenario where an act is under embargo but there is huge pressure for them to start selling tickets. 

And other festivals do it all the time. Look at Mad Cool.

(and in terms of probabilities, I would have said a couple of years ago there was zero chance for Miley Cyrus to headline)

Edited by xxialac