Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

It'd be a little disappointing to see the National do 'High Violet' elsewhere but not at PS.

But, the album they put out last year was very good and the live shows were excellent on the back of it.

Last time they played PS wasn't great IMO - just felt flat - but even if it was a standard show this time, I'd be hopeful of better.

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's nothing under news on the website.

Is the announcement of, you know, their annual big bastard lineup not newsworthy?

probably just forgot to post it in the news section. They would've needed to rearrange a lot tonight so that the leak didn't damage their communication strategy so I bet everything is a bit head over heels over at their office.

Edited by Quadrophobia

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

probably just forgot to post it in the news section. They would've needed to rearrange a lot tonight so that the leak didn't damage their communication strategy so I bet everything is a bit head over heels over at their office.

What would they need to rearrange? Nothing has changed, no?

Genuinely curious. And can they really forget to post their most significant piece of news in the whole calendar? They've managed the last 10-20 years...

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What would they need to rearrange? Nothing has changed, no?

Genuinely curious. And can they really forget to post their most significant piece of news in the whole calendar? They've managed the last 10-20 years...

You normally have a sort of schedule for a coordinated release of crucial information. If, say, a dad-indie-rock band were to leak that information, you'd have to throw that schedule and responsibilities get blurred. 

Also, no-one reads websites anymore

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

You normally have a sort of schedule for a coordinated release of crucial information. If, say, a dad-indie-rock band were to leak that information, you'd have to throw that schedule and responsibilities get blurred. 

Also, no-one reads websites anymore

Fair dues. I'd still expect Put-Announcement-Online-That-We've-Spent-Ages-Writing-and-Translating to be one of those tasks but I guess they'll get round to it by tomorrow..

Just went through the unknown stuff. Had lots of fun with otoboke beaver and the caretaker but it feels like there’s quite a lot of Spanish talent (which is fair enough) but the reggaeton and popqueens are really superfluous. I still don’t get how the reggaeton vibe is in line with what ps stands for and how the young people interested in that are ever going to be future fans of other stuff the festival stands for. But I guess you all had this discussion last year 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah was really hoping for Pinegrove, if only so I didn't have to buy a ticket to their own show. Ah well.

To be fair that would've been very unlikely. They have a Euro tour in April and then are back in August. They also play Bonnaroo, so that would've meant three times traveling back and forth from the US to Europe. Gabi did book them for Paredes de Coura though and I bet we'll have them 2021

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Can someone post/DM me that press release please? The one that had info such as JAMC and Metronomy playing on the Wednesday

https://muzikalia.com/primavera-sound-2020-desvela-cartel-mas-completo-historia/

Here's a link to it in Spanish.

My favourite bit of the Google Translate is the correction of Lana Del Rey to "Lana the King". 😂