Jump to content
FloorFiller

Primavera Sound 2020

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Anybody have any idea what day Pavement and The Strokes are playing? Have an exam on the Friday so hoping one of them is on the Saturday so i can justify a day ticket.

Pavement Thursday and Strokes Friday... sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Pavement Thursday and Strokes Friday... sorry!

Plans made and crushed within 20 minutes of waking up. Todays going to be a corker, i can tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stereodista said:

Press release confirms TJAMC playing the Wednesday. 

6 hours ago, stereodista said:

Only an email. Metronomy playing the Wednesday as well. Solid. 

Nice. Presumably the Wednesday TJAMC set will be a regular one rather than another Darklands one..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

So have they completely ditched the 50/50 thing after having made such a big deal last year? Ticket sales can’t have been great 

Apparently the lineup is 53% female/non binary, so it’s still there, but obviously just not apparent in the headliners.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browsing through the lineup it looks like at least 50% women. Not among the headliners though. Probably better to put on a great festival than having to cancel it altogether just because there are not many female headliners available. 

6-7 years back there never used to be much talk about headliners at Primavera. I would assume people not focusing as much on headliners at this festival will have a lot more fun. 

Edited by Olivedal 1904

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Les Savy Fav and Health performing after one another at the Apollo on the Wednesday would really be something.

Some inconsistencies between the lineup from Pavement and the official one. I cant see Les Savy Fav in the Thursday to Saturday section. Pile play both the maindays and the ciutat program which was not the case on the poster from Pavement fb. 

Edited by Olivedal 1904

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible line-up!

So happy for so many names, they make me forget the names not on the bill.

positve surprises:

COMA (german duo with a great last album 'voyage,voyage' for people who like WEVAL, CARIBOU, PARCELS or JEAN MICHEL JARRE)

BLACK COFFEE

TEKI LATEX

AEAEA

BLACK LIPS

PNL (sold out concert in june in my country for 70 EUR a ticket)

we ar really blessed with this line-up!!!

(not surprised for Frank Ocean though, I really love his music, but why booking him again and taking the risk of seeing him cancelling again for some lame ass reason and making a fool out of the primavera organization)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, whos3000 said:

who was there for the strokes in 2015? was it that lame? 

i was there, 10 meters close  the stage. amazing set, i really enjoyed the performance. So did the people around me, like jumping and singing every song. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of there being something great on at the same time I’m guessing I’ll reluctantly be dragged along to see The Strokes again, so hoping they put a better effort in than last time.

In fact, looking at how ludicrously stacked the top of the Friday lineup is I don’t see myself moving away from the main stages much at all that day. The Strokes, Lana, Beck, Brockhampton, Bikini Kill, Kacey, Caribou, King Giz... unreal! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we petition the organisers to put Cigarettes After Sex in the auditori?

Their sound got hopelessly lost outside last time, they need the intimacy of an indoor space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Les Savy Fav and Health performing after one another at the Apollo on the Wednesday would really be something.

Some inconsistencies between the lineup from Pavement and the official one. I cant see Les Savy Fav in the Thursday to Saturday section. Pile play both the maindays and the ciutat program which was not the case on the poster from Pavement fb. 

On Thurs-Sat section, Les Savy Fav are listed under S for some reason. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xxialac said:

this looks like how they normally write their long description i.e. with more detail (in Spanish)

https://muzikalia.com/primavera-sound-2020-desvela-cartel-mas-completo-historia/

For anyone looking, this is the press release I was emailed. (As you can see, it’s unnecessarily long, hence my reluctance to stick it here!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line-up is decent, although for me personally I don't know if there's quite enough to make me take the plunge for the first time, given the extra expense of hotel and flights... partly that's because I'm too old/out of touch to know most of the smaller names :)

The National doing High Violet might just have swung it but from that it doesn't look like they are? 

Is this likely to sell out do we think? And if so when? Might hold out hope that the big-draw names will be at Glastonbury and come back to this when the resale is inevitably a washout.

Made up for everyone who's going that the line-up is finally here and a good one! Been following this thread as a lurker for a while.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did wonder how they were going to fill out the Sunday afternoon with enough people, given how many will be too tired or will have left. Looks like they'll also be selling tickets to it so there's the answer.

Brunch On the Beach is such a naff name - like something you'd find at a really tacky festival

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Line-up is decent, although for me personally I don't know if there's quite enough to make me take the plunge for the first time, given the extra expense of hotel and flights... partly that's because I'm too old/out of touch to know most of the smaller names :)

The National doing High Violet might just have swung it but from that it doesn't look like they are? 

Is this likely to sell out do we think? And if so when? Might hold out hope that the big-draw names will be at Glastonbury and come back to this when the resale is inevitably a washout.

Made up for everyone who's going that the line-up is finally here and a good one! Been following this thread as a lurker for a while.

With no big, big name, it surely won't sell out in the next month at least and possibly at all.

It would be odd if The National don't do High Violet as they are doing it the following week and there's precedent with Built To Spill (did an album in full last year but not referenced on the poster) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xxialac said:

With no big, big name, it surely won't sell out in the next month at least and possibly at all.

It would be odd if The National don't do High Violet as they are doing it the following week and there's precedent with Built To Spill (did an album in full last year but not referenced on the poster) 

Thanks. I just find it odd on The National thing that they specially say it for other festivals they are doing. But you could well be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks. I just find it odd on The National thing that they specially say it for other festivals they are doing. 

Moreover, the TJAMC set IS mentioned to be a 'play Darklands' set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Moreover, the TJAMC set IS mentioned to be a 'play Darklands' set.

Yeah but there's loads of space for it where it sits on the poster.

Getting "Pavement", "Massive Attack" and "The National play High Violet" onto one line of a poster seems pretty much impossible if you look at the available space and they can't relegate an act.

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xxialac said:

Yeah but there's loads of space for it where it sits on the poster.

Getting "Pavement", "Massive Attack" and "The National play High Violet" onto one line of a poster seems pretty much impossible if you look at the available space and they can're relegate an act.

Actually I think the biggest reason to think they won't do it is more than it's not mentioned in the press release.

On balance, I think they won't be playing High Violet :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one day I don't go onto the forum and I miss all the excitement 😆

Only heard the lineup had dropped this morning so decided to go on an amusing journey through the pages on here for the big reveal! 

Still trying to digest it all but the lineup looks STACKED. Thank you Primavera, thank you Pavement. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The National going from first band of the day in 2018 to third in line this year makes me think this years performance isn’t a regular ‘greatest hits’ set and will be a album specific show. Maybe that’s a load of bollocks and it is odd it isn’t mentioned, but with all their other shows being High Violet ones that’s what I’m expecting. I’ll be happy either way - not seen them do a proper full set, just their tepidly received Glastonbury sub slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...