Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Gwen Stefani at Primavera Sound? Bit weird, no? Doesn't Prima book more relevant, fresh acts?

A lot of people reckon Lana D Ray is a done deal for Prima. I'm hoping not. I guess Gwen is the lesser of two evils for a female headliner. 

Who do you think the contenders are for female headliners are this year? 

All i've seen so far with lineup reveals are Lana, Gwen and Diana Ross. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

A lot of people reckon Lana D Ray is a done deal for Prima. I'm hoping not. I guess Gwen is the lesser of two evils for a female headliner. 

Who do you think the contenders are for female headliners are this year? 

All i've seen so far with lineup reveals are Lana, Gwen and Diana Ross. 

As a NOS Primavera Sound lurker here, I'm hoping (not headliner related) Grimes shows up

13 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Lana released one of the most acclaimed albums of the year. What did Stefani do lately? 

We don't know yet what Gwen's doing, I imagine she's putting something out to tour or at least a greatest hits. 

But who do you think the contenders for other female heads are in 2020? I'm not poking you i just want your opinion. Now we know Billie is out of contention. 

@young_contra I also hope for Grimes as well as Wolf Alice and St Vincent (though I don't think St V for this year)

9 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

But who do you think the contenders for other female heads are in 2020? 

I think they’ll do a lot of effort to get Lana Del Rey. I also won’t be surprised If Lorde returns. She’s working on a new record. Maybe a Missy Elliott (who is a critics darling). 

Other possible female acts on the bill: Angel Olsen, Kim Gordon, Britanny Howard, Sky Ferreira, Big Thief again, Mannequin Pussy, Jenny Hval, Weyes Blood,...

Edited by lighthouse

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

I think they’ll do a lot of effort to get Lana Del Rey. I also won’t be surprised If Lorde returns. She’s working on a new record. Maybe a Missy Elliott (who is a critics darling). 

Other possible female acts on the bill: Angel Olsen, Kim Gordon, Britanny Howard, Sky Ferreira, Big Thief again, Mannequin Pussy, Jenny Hval, Weyes Blood,...

To this great list I'd add Sleater Kinney, Better Oblivion Community Center (half female..), Bat for Lashes, Grimes and hopefully Keren O (with our without dangermouse)

2 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

To this great list I'd add Sleater Kinney, Better Oblivion Community Center (half female..), Bat for Lashes, Grimes and hopefully Keren O (with our without dangermouse)

Would love Sleater-Kinney, I think Better Oblivion might be done for a bit as Phoebe is finishing her new album? Phoebe solo though could be a winner! 

Late night Grimes set would be enjoyable, don't think she's as great live as on record but would definitely be there. 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, brosch said:

Female headliner ideas,

so far Missy elliot, lana, gwen, (Karen O) yeah yeah yeahs, Kate Bush, Diana Ross, lorde have been mentioned. 

Anybody else got a headliner possibility to add? 

I guess Madonna is a left field idea. Beyonce. Rihanna if she tours again. Sia?... 

I realise many of these are very poppy but that's where the current big female names at the moment tend to be. 

35 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I'm sure I seen talk of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs having a new album out some time next year so could see them stopping off here. Someone was saying about Nine Inch Nails doing European festivals next year so could be another potential headliner

NIN + YYY would be a blast, but I hardly can see that happening

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Don't think there will be as many female headliners as in 2019.

I can totally see Thom Yorke taking a headliner spot too.

Hopefully not. Would absolutely love to see him on Ray Ban at 3am.

Anyway pretty excited already and very much hoping that we get the lineup before the new year. 

4 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Female headliner ideas,

so far Missy elliot, lana, gwen, (Karen O) yeah yeah yeahs, Kate Bush, Diana Ross, lorde have been mentioned. 

Anybody else got a headliner possibility to add? 

I guess Madonna is a left field idea. Beyonce. Rihanna if she tours again. Sia?... 

I realise many of these are very poppy but that's where the current big female names at the moment tend to be. 

Taylor Swift.