Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, chilirocker said:

The new Nick Cave and Angel Olsen albums are superb, surely shoo-ins...

I agree, however, Miss Olsen doesn't seem to think it's a big deal in the event she doesn't play Primavera...

https://www.thefader.com/2019/09/17/angel-olsen-all-mirrors-interview

“I’m not worried about breaking out anymore,” she says. “I already did that in my mind. I don’t need to play Primavera Sound every year and play the best slot at every festival. I just wanna keep making music. I feel a little bit more fulfilled by other things now, and it doesn’t entirely depend on being accepted as a famous musician.”

10 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Wasn't a problem with booking Solange this year. I think the diversity of the lineup will offset any repeat booking. Hell, Tyler is also a big prediction and it would be two years for him as well.

Solange didn't headline before though, and I don't think she headlined this year? (Although I appreciate she was high up on the day)

10 hours ago, James96 said:

Solange didn't headline before though, and I don't think she headlined this year? (Although I appreciate she was high up on the day)

Solange was listed as #1 on the Saturday this year, and a second line headliner in 2017:

PS-2017-poster.jpg

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

Nick Cave has been talking about reviving Grinderman again - Grinderman set outside and the Bad Seeds in the auditorium?

I'd also love to see Spritualized again, this time with ...And Nothing Hurt material. Thom Yorke? Khruangbin? And this is a long shot, but Joanna Newsom has been doing a little tour in the US, maybe she'll be in Europe next year?

1 hour ago, puckno said:

Thom Yorke confirmed for a (nordic exclusive) festival set at Roskilde Denmark early July, so I guess he has some kind of festival set available early in the summer.

Was thinking the same. Can imagine he will play one of Mad Cool or Primavera (he played BBK last year and no chance for Benicassim). 

Primavera makes more sense.