Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Noticed that Duran Duran are playing shows/festivals right around Prima weekend. Any chance they could play? Not sure if they’re an act Primavera would go for, but for me personally they’d be a great booking - just the right amount of cheese, and all bangers (I know nobody’s any the wiser than me but thought I’d throw another name in there).

Was working at a festival a years back, and they were the final headliner. I finished my shift and there was about an hour before they came on. So I ran back to my tent and grabbed all the booze I had left, then went into the crowd. Got really drunk and ended up joining a group of fun Irish folk. We were dancing for the entire set, it was sooo much fun 😄

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Noticed that Duran Duran are playing shows/festivals right around Prima weekend. Any chance they could play? Not sure if they’re an act Primavera would go for, but for me personally they’d be a great booking - just the right amount of cheese, and all bangers (I know nobody’s any the wiser than me but thought I’d throw another name in there).

I'd be well up for this although doesn't seem like the sort of name they'd go for. Lots of hits.

5 hours ago, puckno said:

Best poster of all time will have to at least match the stellar 2016 lineup. How is that even possible?

2014 beat it.

Most years beat it in fact because they dropped a clanger by booking Radiohead, and then fucking up the scheduling on the other stages on the day they played. 

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I saw them a couple of years ago at a relatively small UK festival. They were very good. They didn't play The Reflex though.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Sonar Barcelona booked them to headline in 2015 so it's not out of the realms of possibility. Lots of modern electronic pop bands still use them as a reference point, so they definitely have a cool factor still.

Speaking of which, we should get Sonar's lineup very shortly which will rule out a fair few names.

44 minutes ago, Orens said:

They are late as well, not just PS and Gov Ball. 

Yeah, I've got tickets for Sonar too and surprised to see they haven't even start mentioning it yet. Maybe they've all taken an oath to get revenge on the entitled Facebook army. 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Based on this there's a chance Low might be back already (presumably there's more flex on names playing two years straight for the anniversary).

They also liked a tweet by the same person that said "I'll take that as a yes" so looks like they'll be there!! Anniversary show perhaps to make up for the two years in a row?

19 minutes ago, James96 said:

They also liked a tweet by the same person that said "I'll take that as a yes" so looks like they'll be there!! Anniversary show perhaps to make up for the two years in a row?

In the past they did full album shows for at least two LPs, perhaps even at Primavera back when ATP were doing that every year. So it could be something like that.

That would certainly make me buy a Primavera ticket unless they do the same show in London!

Edited by emmanuel

5 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

In the past they did full album shows for at least two LPs, perhaps even at Primavera back when ATP were doing that every year. So it could be something like that.

That would certainly make me buy a Primavera ticket unless they do the same show in London!

Well, they can't do the same show as last year. 

So that leaves a greatest hits set or an album performance. They've never done Things We Lost In The Fire at Primavera (have done it elsewhere) and that has widely been considered their best.

2 hours ago, bobhoward said:

My guesses for Sunday would either be Despacio (dance project done by 2manydjs and James Murphy). Regularly plays festivals and is in London late May. - dream booking, its amazing

Frank Ocean curated club night, similar to events he’s done in NYC over the last months 

if they're taking Despacio to PS, it won't be for one day, and even less likely to be down at the beach. at other festivals they've had it for the whole weekend, so I would imagine if they take it to PS it'll be for the full festival, perhaps in the circular "Your Heineken" stage?

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Well, they can't do the same show as last year. 

So that leaves a greatest hits set or an album performance. They've never done Things We Lost In The Fire at Primavera (have done it elsewhere) and that has widely been considered their best.

Would only be the 19th anniversary but I’d take that in a heartbeat. 

13 minutes ago, Ruthjones5555 said:

Hi, just to say I'm no longer able to go so have listed my early bird ticket on Twickets for 150 euro which I think is £130 (I've not added the booking fee). 

So if anyone's interested... 

Thanks! 

Ruth 

The best festival in the multimillion year history of mankind for £32 a day. What a bargain!