Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

You re right, had forgot. 

Also came with an extra little twist. 

But the most amazing is: you guys werz only on page FOUR

That was the year Gabi told us we were getting some 'old school rappers' and I got excited about the possibility of Tribe Called Quest and then, er, there weren't any old school rappers on the bill.

Moral of the story: don't trust what Gabi says.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Surely all this waiting will be rewarded when the lineup is released and they've managed to top even Radiohead being announced :^)

Grimes to give birth live on Rayban (Kim Gordon on midwife duties) whilst Pavement rattle through their hits. Frank Ocean then enters the stage, dedicating his first song to the kid and announcing that he's the real father. #unexpectedprimavera

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

That was the year Gabi told us we were getting some 'old school rappers' and I got excited about the possibility of Tribe Called Quest and then, er, there weren't any old school rappers on the bill.

Moral of the story: don't trust what Gabi says.

Must have been a cryptic nod to Slayer :D

• Upvote 1

vague i know - but ty segall and brian from lightning bolt have a new project called wasted shirt and i commented on brian's insta to say he should play PS and he replied saying "hmmmm.... that's a good idea" - but has now deleted his reply.

i guess that could be construed as something - also could pave the way for both lightning bolt and ty segall, either with the freedom band or acoustic solo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Wonder if we will get one or more 20th anniversary of classic albums to tie in with the main theme.

I hope so. This year we've got the 20th anniversaries of Kid A, Stankonia, Lift Your Skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven, Felt Mountain, Lost Souls (Doves' debut), United (Phoenix's debut), and many more.

Just some of those would be nice

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I hope so. This year we've got the 20th anniversaries of Kid A, Stankonia, Lift Your Skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven, Felt Mountain, Lost Souls (Doves' debut), United (Phoenix's debut), and many more.

Just some of those would be nice

Felt Mountain (Goldfrapp) far and away the most likely. Good call!