Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

On 5/12/2020 at 9:14 AM, xxialac said:

To anyone booking hotels, please make sure it's refundable.

There is a rumour going round people connected to Glastonbury (and it's just a rumour, not substantiated) that Glastonbury have decided the potential for 2021 being cancelled is too high a risk and so they have already given up on 2021 and are planning for 2022 instead. 

Primavera have a different setup so will continue to plan for 2021 but, if true, it does highlight the perceived risk.

I had a non refundable booked :( First of all no real help - no refund possible, then after I laid on the sob story they offered to rebook for August, again I emailed ...then they offered to rebook for anytime in 2020, so again I replied that wasn't much help and they have rebooked for next years date :) Pays to persevere and be polite.  Fingers crossed the lineup is the same.

If the airline is even vaguely shaky, I wouldn't book a flight in the next period. Ryanair look to be the most solid outfit out there.

Flights should get very cheap for a while as airlines desperately try to get people back in the habit again. Expect £1 flights to be back soon for the autumn season in particular.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, daveje said:

My Vueling flight from Amsterdam was cancelled last week. They offered me a re-booking within 60 days (as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike), or a refund. I asked for the refund. I'll hear in a week or two how that goes.

My Vueling flights from Gatwick were cancelled this morning. Full refund offered. 

Edited May 18 by Guy Incognito

I expect the chosen 'refund' never materialised and they've flipped you into a voucher. Option to call...and not get through.

Really devious behaviour. They're the real corporate crooks of all this.

52 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

My flights for June still haven’t been cancelled. 

Plus we stupidly (in hindsight) booked flights for August thinking that would go ahead and they’re non refundable. Messy. 

I'd still go. There are worse places to spend a weekend than an untouristy for the first time in decades Barcelona and a warm time of year! I expect the UK quarantine to be over by then.

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'd still go. There are worse places to spend a weekend than an untouristy for the first time in decades Barcelona and a warm time of year! I expect the UK quarantine to be over by then.

I’d imagine Spain will still be requiring people entering to quarantine for 2 weeks though! Tempted to move them flights to Primavera next year hmm.  

2 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

I’d imagine Spain will still be requiring people entering to quarantine for 2 weeks though! Tempted to move them flights to Primavera next year hmm.  

The two week quarantine ends on July 1st here. I think it will probably be a good time to visit. Tourist numbers will be down, and many locals leave town in August, so it should be fairly quiet. 

Bars and terraces are reopening this week, and I suspect, by then, we will be as closer to normal as we are going to get in the near future. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

My Vueling flights from Gatwick were cancelled this morning. Full refund offered. 

Edited May 18 by Guy Incognito

I expect the chosen 'refund' never materialised and they've flipped you into a voucher. Option to call...and not get through.

Really devious behaviour. They're the real corporate crooks of all this.

Yep. The utter w*nkers sent me an email confirming that little trick yesterday. I plan to go next year , roll over tickets - but would rather my money back and flexibility of airline for rebooking