Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

I got this from redtkt:

Hi,

First of all, the Primavera Sound team hopes that you and yours are fine. We are sending you love in these very difficult times.

Secondly, thank you very much for your patience. We are very sorry to have kept you waiting, but we wanted to address you when all the details of what is going to happen had been resolved.

But, above all, we wanted to be completely sincere with you. After all, you are also part of Primavera Sound and you deserve nothing less. So, if at any point during this crisis it seemed that this was not the case, please forgive us.

You must know that our commitment to you has always been a priority in all the decisions we have made during this crisis.

We were already thinking of you when we announced the lineup for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020, the one for our 20 th anniversary, the one that was going to be the #bestfestivalforever, the one that made us dream as much as it made you dream.

We had you in mind when, after the declaration of the global pandemic, we put the health and well-being of our festivalgoers first and decided not to celebrate the festival when it was programmed, in June. It was a hard blow. There is no insurance that offers coverage against this eventuality, not for us and not for you as the consumer.

Of course we also considered you when, with the green light from the local and health authorities, it seemed possible to celebrate it in August and we changed the date. We did so by putting all our effort and enthusiasm into it.

We were so excited when we saw that 86% of the lineup was in for the new date. The same artists that you bought your ticket to see. For them you were also a priority.

You were never far from our thoughts, although it may have seemed that way, when we were discouraged by the fact that there was no clear legal framework for ticket refunds during this exceptional situation: we could not inform you in detail and with confidence about the different options that you would have with your ticket. We felt helpless and it is normal that, as a consequence, you also felt that way because of us. Again, please accept our apologies.

We know that you, like us, experiencing this lockdown and with many doubts about the future, understand that now it makes no sense to continue prolonging this uncertainty when we already know that the gradual lifting of the lockdown around the world would probably lead us to an unnatural Primavera Sound this summer. It wouldn’t be the festival you had bought a ticket for. It wouldn’t be the #bestfestivalforever.

That is why today we are announcing the most difficult decision in the entire history of Primavera Sound: we are very sorry that we have no choice but to postpone the 20th anniversary of Primavera Sound until next year, specifically from June 2nd to 6th, 2021.

Your ticket will be valid for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2021 and will include special benefits to thank you for your loyalty and support if you decide to keep it. But, of course, it will be possible to request a refund if you want to do so. Don’t worry; we will offer several options for you to choose the one that suits you best.

On Wednesday June 3rd, the date on which the festival should have started, the procedure will start and we will get in touch with you directly to fill you in on all the details. On that same day we will begin to reveal the first names of the Primavera Sound 2021 line up. Then you will have more information in order to make the decision that works for you.

Although right now we are sad and worried, we are also sure that this situation that is so difficult for everyone will change and that we have to start looking to the future with hope: today is one day less until Primavera Sound Barcelona 2021.

We are going to work hard to make our postponed 20th anniversary in 2021 the genuine #bestfestivalforever. It will be a party and, of course we want you there. One thing is sure, we will dance together again.

You, precisely because you had faith in us when you bought your ticket and now can decide to keep it, are the person without whom this festival would not be possible.

I can imagine Primavera Sound without many things, but I cannot imagine it without you.

Can’t do without you.

Gabi Ruiz
Primavera Sound Director

At least Caribou will be still there :)

So they're offering full refunds after the government allowed them to claim force majeure for an event completely beyond their control, despite the fact this will hurt them financially, and will no doubt put on an amazing lineup for next year.

What bastards!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, xxialac said:

So they're offering full refunds after the government allowed them to claim force majeure for an event completely beyond their control, despite the fact this will hurt them financially, and will no doubt put on an amazing lineup for next year.

What bastards!

Aye I’m really not sure what people were so pissed off about when this was always gonna be what happened. It was worrying not being in the know, but the festival was non the wiser either. Can’t argue with that statement from Gabi at all, and I’ll be keeping my ticket. Looking forward to hearing who these first acts are.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

will definitely request a refund as i seriously doubt that there will be a valid framework to organize big events in 2021 as well.

however, as late as this announcement has come, at least they will also give away a few names for the fans asap.

I know a lot of people wish they'd made this announcement sooner but they've done what they had to in order to not take a huge financial hit.

Of course, some people need the money back but I reckon keeping your ticket for next year is a good thing with or without benefits. Seems like almost everyone here adores this festival. I don't really care about a drinks voucher or tote bag, I just want to make sure they have the funds to make 2021 a fucking great party.

• Upvote 3

Gabi is accused of all sorts of things but if he's faking it, he's sure skilled in the art. Felt a bit emotional reading this.

Hi, First of all, the Primavera Sound team hopes that you and yours are fine. We are sending you love in these very difficult times. Secondly, thank you very much for your patience. We are very sorry to have kept you waiting, but we wanted to address you when all the details of what is going to happen had been resolved. But, above all, we wanted to be completely sincere with you. After all, you are also part of Primavera Sound and you deserve nothing less. So, if at any point during this crisis it seemed that this was not the case, please forgive us. You must know that our commitment to you has always been a priority in all the decisions we have made during this crisis. We were already thinking of you when we announced the lineup for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020, the one for our 20th anniversary, the one that was going to be the #bestfestivalforever, the one that made us dream as much as it made you dream. We had you in mind when, after the declaration of the global pandemic, we put the health and well-being of our festivalgoers first and decided not to celebrate the festival when it was programmed, in June. It was a hard blow. There is no insurance that offers coverage against this eventuality, not for us and not for you as the consumer.

Of course we also considered you when, with the green light from the local and health authorities, it seemed possible to celebrate it in August and we changed the date. We did so by putting all our effort and enthusiasm into it. We were so excited when we saw that 86% of the lineup was in for the new date. The same artists that you bought your ticket to see. For them you were also a priority. You were never far from our thoughts, although it may have seemed that way, when we were discouraged by the fact that there was no clear legal framework for ticket refunds during this exceptional situation: we could not inform you in detail and with confidence about the different options that you would have with your ticket. We felt helpless and it is normal that, as a consequence, you also felt that way because of us. Again, please accept our apologies. We know that you, like us, experiencing this lockdown and with many doubts about the future, understand that now it makes no sense to continue prolonging this uncertainty when we already know that the gradual lifting of the lockdown around the world would probably lead us to an unnatural Primavera Sound this summer. It wouldn’t be the festival you had bought a ticket for. It wouldn’t be the #bestfestivalforever.

That is why today we are announcing the most difficult decision in the entire history of Primavera Sound: we are very sorry that we have no choice but to postpone the 20th anniversary of Primavera Sound until next year, specifically from June 2nd to 6th, 2021. Your ticket will be valid for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2021 and will include special benefits to thank you for your loyalty and support if you decide to keep it. But, of course, it will be possible to request a refund if you want to do so. Don’t worry; we will offer several options for you to choose the one that suits you best. On Wednesday June 3rd, the date on which the festival should have started, the procedure will start and we will get in touch with you directly to fill you in on all the details. On that same day we will begin to reveal the first names of the Primavera Sound 2021 line up. Then you will have more information in order to make the decision that works for you. Although right now we are sad and worried, we are also sure that this situation that is so difficult for everyone will change and that we have to start looking to the future with hope: today is one day less until Primavera Sound Barcelona 2021. We are going to work hard to make our postponed 20th anniversary in 2021 the genuine #bestfestivalforever. It will be a party and, of course we want you there. One thing is sure, we will dance together again. You, precisely because you had faith in us when you bought your ticket and now can decide to keep it, are the person without whom this festival would not be possible.

I can imagine Primavera Sound without many things, but I cannot imagine it without you. Can’t do without you.

Gabi Ruiz, Primavera Sound Director

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Think I'm going to grab that refund, then keep an eye on what goes on over the next 6/8 months in terms of large events/travel/the virus in general. If things are looking positive then I'll use the money to re-buy a ticket.

Can't even imagine looking at flights or accommodation until way after the summer regardless.

Edited by jannybruck

This is the catch 22 now: if too many people are afraid 2021 is too much of a risk or wild guess and ask for a refund, there won't be a 2021 at all I'm afraid. So I'm going to take the risk and hope we'll get another change/refund option if indeed 2022 turns out to be the next edition...

53 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Can't even imagine looking at flights or accommodation until way after the summer regardless.

The airlines know that, so they're offering way better change/cancellation policies as they would usually, and the prices are still low. I'm not saying you should book flights now, but it won't hurt if you keep an eye on it anyway.

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It was a wrench to have to cancel (first time I'd ever been able to book) high-end Hotel Diagonal Zero next to The Forum.

Thank you all the same to the detective on here that had spotted the opportunity.

hotel diagonal should be hopefully accepting bookings for next year from next week (they are currently accepting bookings to end of May 2021)

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

hotel diagonal should be hopefully accepting bookings for next year from next week (they are currently accepting bookings to end of May 2021)

Good knowhow. Isn't that hotel normally block booked by Primavera though (I think they messed up for August)?

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Good knowhow. Isn't that hotel normally block booked by Primavera though (I think they messed up for August)?

I think they favour princess hotel - which is just opposite. We’ve always booked diagonal zero while still at the fest for the next year. The comfort of cancellable dates and no money up front. 

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

I think they favour princess hotel - which is just opposite. We’ve always booked diagonal zero while still at the fest for the next year. The comfort of cancellable dates and no money up front. 

Fantastic, thank you ! Let's hope that's also the level of the infection rate in 13 months!

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Fantastic, thank you ! Let's hope that's also the level of the infection rate in 13 months!

Hehe

part of me always wants to book princess just to hang out with the stars, but as you say, it’s totally booked out. 

Just now, Chilly Toad said:

Fair enough message by PS.

Now, if they (not PS) find a vaccine early enough it might just work out. Maybe be prepared for Primavera in summer 2021, though. Almost seems more realistic to me.

If you find the vaccine, you definitely get a free ticket for PS2021 :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

On that same day we will begin to reveal the first names of the Primavera Sound 2021 line up.

Let's start thinking now about what kind of ridiculous stunt they're gonna come up with for the reveal this year.

Just kidding!