Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

55 minutes ago, xxialac said:

f the performance is cancelled can claim on the insurance but only if the govt announces that this is an 'act of god' (force majeure) which is what they are all waiting for.

As has been discussed long way back on this forum most festivals insurance coverage do not include pandemics, I don´t know if that is so for Primavera too but I would guess so. But to be able to claim act of god would release Primavera from their contractual obligations. If they have payed half the artist fees already who knows what they can get back. Even with us ticket holders there is an act of god clause which we all signed up for. But people predict they are gonna offer refunds.

Lots of festivals in the UK have cancelled and started offering refunds as soon as they announced the cancellation. 

They haven't had to wait for any assurances or announcements from the government and have acted completely unilaterally when offering those refunds.

What is different in Spain?

Thanks

18 hours ago, dabber7 said:

Lots of festivals in the UK have cancelled and started offering refunds as soon as they announced the cancellation. 

They haven't had to wait for any assurances or announcements from the government and have acted completely unilaterally when offering those refunds.

Thanks

Their "state of emergency" gives protection to big events so they don't have to give refunds while it continues. However, the government don't appear to have ruled out large events in the summer yet, so this "extra protection" seems to have put Primavera and Mad Cool in a sort of stasis.

Someone linked to an interview with the Mad Cool organiser who wanted confirmation that things are cancelled, and some leaway on refunds, so they don't have to give back money straight away.

19 hours ago, dabber7 said:

Thanks

I'd actually like to know why it is that most festivals across Europe are not to keen on the refund part before said announcements except for those festivals mentioned in the UK (no refunds for Werchter by the way). When you take a broader perspective, it's the UK ones that seem to be the exception to the rule. Are all of them rolling in cash flow or did they prefer to tell their suppliers to fuck off? I don't know, I'd be inclined to say there is something different legally wise because it's striking to me. 

Just as an aside, but the Dutch government are indicating that large events (like music festivals) may not be permitted until a vaccine is generally available. Which means that nothing will be allowed until at least this time next year, if not longer.

I am thinking more and more that Primavera is trying to secure most of the line up for June 2021, and are waiting to release anything re this year, while working on 2021 line up. If i am following correctly, they should have Tyler on it, The Strokes, National etc. So i guess their intention is to buy time, and once 70% of the line up is ready, release everything, so they will lower the internet hate from fans that havent heard from a festival in a while. Cause it would be super lame from them to now again release some half assed press release, that says little. They will try to go gigantic with the line up, and release all at once.

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

is this official?
it means no NOS PS this year, will give us some indication on their plans for refund/voucher/postpone to 2021 (and also one more death-blow to PS in Barcelona this August)

Yes, it is official. It was announced some minutes ago. 

18 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I am thinking more and more that Primavera is trying to secure most of the line up for June 2021, and are waiting to release anything re this year, while working on 2021 line up. If i am following correctly, they should have Tyler on it, The Strokes, National etc. So i guess their intention is to buy time, and once 70% of the line up is ready, release everything, so they will lower the internet hate from fans that havent heard from a festival in a while. Cause it would be super lame from them to now again release some half assed press release, that says little. They will try to go gigantic with the line up, and release all at once.

This is a very smart strategy, not so much to reduce bad publicity but so as to reduce refunds.

If they really want to stop the cash leakage, they could throw in a juicy name as well. A reunion by someone like Pulp would do it.

3 hours ago, Andrej said:

If they do that, with pavement, I’ll hold out.

otherwise it’s refund a go go for me - just to get funds.

I’ll probably end up going next year anyway but could do with the money and would like the luxury of deciding in my own time.  

Edited by Ohjesus

what is going on? do you interpret that they are just issuing vouchers or they are awaiting how to proceed. 

I'm getting a sinking feeling that similar to rock werchter and nos alive (possibly soon mad cool) they may solely be offering vouchers for future fests. 

A cabal of some sorts, 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

15 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

It'll be a weird situation if Portugal government oblige a refund and then Spain goes with the voucher approach. 

This article was updated on Thursday 16 April after Primavera made a statement to say they do intend to make refunds“

18 hours ago, Andrej said:

It's Primavera, it'll almost certainly be a half-assed press release. Their communications are utterly pathetic at the best of times.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1