Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Growlkass said:

Would be good if clarity didn't have to be forced out of them.

Again, these unrealistic expectations that festivals go ahead and state their position and throw away their legal hand regarding intent vs force majeure just to please people. Festivals don´t do that. We will get our answers when the government has declared what is legal and not.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, puckno said:

expectations that festivals go ahead and state their position and throw away their legal hand regarding intent vs force majeure just to please people

Nobody expects that (okay, one person maybe but that petition has gone nowhere I think). All that is being asked for here is a little information and consumer friendlyness. What on earth stops PS from putting the things they told vice on their homepage? Nothing; if it was insurance stuff, then they couldn´t have it appear in Vice, either.

Primavera Sound is contemplating various solutions for this edition’s ticket holders, which will be announced after the state of alarm decreed by the Spanish government. One of these solutions, among others, will be the refund. If we cannot give more information about the refunds at this time, it is because we are waiting for the legal framework on this matter to be defined. If we were to do so before, we would not be guaranteeing legal certainty either for our festival or for our ticket holders. We want to inform our customers on the basis of certainties, not speculations.

There. I did it for them. Feel free to copy and paste.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Please read up on force majeure. They cannot degrade their legal hand by officially showing intent or planning for cancellation, no matter if that is what we all know is taking place. That makes your suggestion for statement unwise. And this has nothing to do with insurance by the way. Fortunately the festival have better legal advisors than us, so that we can continue to go to Primavera also in the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, puckno said:

Again, these unrealistic expectations that festivals go ahead and state their position and throw away their legal hand regarding intent vs force majeure just to please people. Festivals don´t do that. We will get our answers when the government has declared what is legal and not.

They've given that statement to two separate news sources, so clearly they could have said something. I get that their hands are tied to an extent but it doesn't seem right that they only come out with these things when they're criticised in the press and want to defend themselves, while they do essentially nothing to inform their customers. 

• Upvote 2

Well the press... Anyway, I don´t understand how you can be surprised by this and expect something else, as the way it has been handled so far for Primavera Sound is the same as basically every other festival on the planet (with a few odd exceptions), by good reasons.

• Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, puckno said:

Please read up on force majeure. They cannot degrade their legal hand by officially showing intent or planning for cancellation, no matter if that is what we all know is taking place. That makes your suggestion for statement unwise. And this has nothing to do with insurance by the way. Fortunately the festival have better legal advisors than us, so that we can continue to go to Primavera also in the future.

Well, you´re just wrong here. They can publicly say exactly what they said in Vice. And they did. Because they know they can. Or do you think they would not reserve the right to control what they are quoted as saying in the press? That Vice quote is a carefully written statement that has surely been seen by a lawyer´s eyes before it was ok´d to be published.

And that has nothing to do with their legal advisers, whose quality I can say nothing about, of course. It just says a lot about their PR people. Oh, and the insurance issue was a speculation of xxialac, not me.

Last question: why is "the others are doing this in a bad way, too" a reason for not doing it better? Literally hundreds of customers are complaining or at least state that they want to be informed, check Facebook etc. The Vice bit is not exactly praise for PS and therefore not good PR. Why not try to be better than the others PR-wise (they are the better festival anyway)?

Well, they said they are 'contemplating' various solutions... if force majeure were to happen...  I am contemplating a lot too, on life and existence and such.  Not much intent and answers in that. I agree. 

"Hello all my 84.000 followers. Just want to let you know that we are contemplating on the situation, in the eventualities that a force majeure situation might (or might not) happen. This includes the question of refund that we cannot rule out nor confirm at this stage. By now we do not want to give further details on this because we want to be precise in the event that we might have to make such statements."

Primavera Sound is contemplating various solutions for this edition’s ticket holders, which will be announced after the state of alarm decreed by the Spanish government. One of these solutions, among others, will be the refund. If we cannot give more information about the refunds at this time, it is because we are waiting for the legal framework on this matter to be defined. If we were to do so before, we would not be guaranteeing legal certainty either for our festival or for our ticket holders. We want to inform our customers on the basis of certainties, not speculations.

They did it already. No need to mess with it.

Has anyone of you booked a flight via Vueling?

I got an email on Thursday (in German) saying I could cancel my flight and get a voucher. 

I did not react immediately, which was good, because today just half an hour ago I got another mail (in English, interestingly) saying my flights (for June) are cancelled and I can EITHER get a voucher OR full refund. 

Went for option 2. Strange communication too, tho.

22 minutes ago, brosch said:

I got an email on Thursday (in German) saying I could cancel my flight and get a voucher. 

I did not react immediately, which was good, because today just half an hour ago I got another mail (in English, interestingly) saying my flights (for June) are cancelled and I can EITHER get a voucher OR full refund. 

Wow. I did - no emails as yet!

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah my flight is also through Vueling but no email yet!

Edit: I'm flying from the UK as opposed to Germany. 

Ah that might explain it, me too. 

general advice from them seems to be “wait till you hear” which is fair enough at the moment I guess 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brosch said:

I have flights from UK booked. Haven't had any email yet. Last time I checked the booking - a few days ago - it was still showing as a live booking. 

14 minutes ago, Chilly Toad said:

As of now, Lufthansa seems to offer only vouchers plus a 50€ bonus under some conditions. You have to book your new flight until August or something to get the bonus. Online, you don't even have the option of a refund.

I am also stuck with Lufthansa flights. They are required to give refund when they cancel the flight. You can call it in (and then wait for ages for the money to show up) according to misc travel forums (I haven´t tried myself yet though...)

I do not think the voucher option is not good with its current limitations: "... users must have rebooked his ticket up to and including 31.08.2020, whereby the new confirmed departure date may not be later than 31.12.2020 ... "

In addition by choosing the voucher option the money is lost with the unlikely event of Lufthansa going bankrupt, while you still have protection from the credit card in the opposite case.

13 hours ago, thespiral said:

I have flights from UK booked. Haven't had any email yet. Last time I checked the booking - a few days ago - it was still showing as a live booking. 

I'm have flights booked from the UK, received an email from Vuelings last week.

Only the offer of a voucher. Transferable & valid for 18mths.

I checked again now, only the one email.

Edited by Karl_Mcr