Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, Ildavo said:

Spain's bars set to reopen in June apparently, with temperature checks on the way in. 

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid, given the source.

A more relevant bit of intel is that the Spanish Airport Operator has sent a message to all their employees. The first para translated on the status of flights in Spain is: 

“Regarding the openings, no opening is foreseen in April, May and June, so it seems that there will be no activity during these months. Perhaps from July onwards, domestic flights will begin; in September/October some European flights and possibly in December, flights to/from outside the EU/Schengen".

Edited by xxialac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Belgium update: govt has allowed Ticketmaster/livenation to not give refunds: ticket holders get the chance to spend the money for festivals on the premises (this can be also Werchter Classic for example) in 2021 or 2022 and people get first dibs for the 2021 tickets...

still no sign of refund info?

it was supposed to be this week, right? or was it last week?

presume the "state of emergency" has been extended, so Primavera are going to keep hiding behind that? and then when it gets extended again, they'll use that as an excuse again for not giving any information about refunds?

I've now got refunds into my bank account for 5 other gigs in June FWIW....

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

So let me get this straight...

This month the Primavera-booked The Strokes released their new album The New Normal 

->which they can't play at Primavera (whose tagline last year was The New Normal)

->because of what the Spanish Prime Minister today called The New Normal (La Nueva Normalidad)

https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/nacional/2020/04/28/1160869/estado-alarma-sanchez-anuncia-nueva-normalidad-finales-junio-para-todo-pais.html

Brain 💥

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

So let me get this straight...

This month the Primavera-booked The Strokes released their new album The New Normal 

->which they can't play at Primavera (whose tagline last year was The New Normal)

->because of what the Spanish Prime Minister today called The New Normal (La Nueva Normalidad)

https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/nacional/2020/04/28/1160869/estado-alarma-sanchez-anuncia-nueva-normalidad-finales-junio-para-todo-pais.html

Brain 💥

Sorry to tell you but The Strokes new album is called „The New Abnormal“ 😉

49 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

They won't cancel it before the Spanish government are denying events for August, like any other festival in the world.

I must have imagined the festivals here that have voluntarily cancelled without government requirement to do so yet.....

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Could anyone take a punt at when next years dates will be? 

I am trying to book free cancellation airbnb or hotels for the 5-6 June weekend but I have been unsuccessful so far since:

-I can't find hotels close to parc del Forum as cheap as those booked for the august dates;

-Airbnb owners keep refusing my bookings: one misunderstood my booking for 2020 and the other just said that the price for June 2021 I could see on the website was not updated yet. I really don't understand 

2 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I am trying to book free cancellation airbnb or hotels for the 5-6 June weekend but I have been unsuccessful so far since:

-I can't find hotels close to parc del Forum as cheap as those booked for the august dates;

-Airbnb owners keep refusing my bookings: one misunderstood my booking for 2020 and the other just said that the price for June 2021 I could see on the website was not updated yet. I really don't understand 

Yeah, the Brockhampton and Jawbox rearranged dates suggest 3/4/5 June 2021.

This is how you keep your customers onside Primavera ...

"We are disappointed that BST Hyde Park will not be returning to London this summer, however it will be back in 2021 and the promoters of the event are still working with the 2020 headliners on the possibility of them returning next year.

To avoid disappointment and secure your spot in 2021 we recommend holding onto your ticket/s which will be fully transferrable if 2020 headliner shows are re-confirmed. 

We will contact you by 13th May with information of any re-confirmed headliners and you will of course still be able to request a refund if you are unable to attend. If the new event is not confirmed you will be automatically refunded at this point and no further action will be required.

We’re working hard to see if we can get your events’ new 2021 date confirmed before automating a refund, so as to give you the best chance of seeing the show next year. If you would prefer not to wait until we have this confirmed, you can request your refund today: here

We look forward to seeing you all again soon!"

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, brosch said:

Live music to return to Spain in May (under heavy restrictions)

https://www.iq-mag.net/2020/04/live-music-to-return-to-spain-in-may/#.XqmDBiWxWEf

so much to be baffled at here - imagine if PS went ahead but with a 9 metre restriction around its patrons, or if only 1/3 of the tickets sold were allowed access.... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, whos3000 said:

Doing it over a year in advance is not recommended: hotels usually haven't adjusted their booking systems for next summer yet or they're an arbitrarily high price if they are, to take advantage of American tourists that love to book in advance. You're best trying again at some point in the summer when more become available and the industry has a better idea of what's going on.

Airbnbs are also a crapshoot at the moment because a lot of hosts will be watching tourism and seeing if it's just worth putting their places on the rental market instead, so they'll be extremely selective with bookings.

Even if they do announce new dates for next year soon I really doubt there's going to be a huge crush to book flights or accommodation after what's happened this year.

31 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

so much to be baffled at here - imagine if PS went ahead but with a 9 metre restriction around its patrons, or if only 1/3 of the tickets sold were allowed access.... 

How do you even handle food/drinks with those kinds of restrictions? Also I imagine everyone would be too tense to even have a good time this early on.

1 hour ago, dabber7 said:

This is how you keep your customers onside Primavera ...

"We are disappointed that BST Hyde Park will not be returning to London this summer, however it will be back in 2021 and the promoters of the event are still working with the 2020 headliners on the possibility of them returning next year.

To avoid disappointment and secure your spot in 2021 we recommend holding onto your ticket/s which will be fully transferrable if 2020 headliner shows are re-confirmed. 

We will contact you by 13th May with information of any re-confirmed headliners and you will of course still be able to request a refund if you are unable to attend. If the new event is not confirmed you will be automatically refunded at this point and no further action will be required.

We’re working hard to see if we can get your events’ new 2021 date confirmed before automating a refund, so as to give you the best chance of seeing the show next year. If you would prefer not to wait until we have this confirmed, you can request your refund today: here

We look forward to seeing you all again soon!"

I believe the Spanish Government introduced specific rules for events + refunds as part of their State of Emergency legislation - which gives the events protection while the Emergency is still on. I'm not sure of the detail as I've only see reports/translations but it looks like they don't have to consider refunds till it's over - although one poster did link to legislation suggesting they would have to then give out refunds if requested. 

In the UK, while events were banned, I've not seen any specific rules included which offer the events promoter the same breathing space, so once something is definitely not going ahead as planned, they fall back on the existing legislation, which would say refunds have to be given (although some companies are still refusing/delaying). If they had the legal backing of the Government to hang onto the money till things settled down, then I suspect a lot would.

Now, I'm not a lawyer, and so not 100% on all this, but I think it might explain why the Spanish festivals aren't as quick to refund.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, riseupandkill said:

You're not allowed to speed on the motorway either but half of people do. The rules just won't be adhered to.

Can only assume that once inside people will still mingle within their groups but not mingle much with other groups. And with the lower capacity, there will be no major crowds so it will be safer but still a bit of a fudge.

Will be a bit crap but better than nothing so people will still attend. 

keep in mind that these are the restrictions starting in May.

They are talking about gradually allowing more, so if in May you allow 30, and in June 800 - by August maybe we'll get an almost normal Primavera

If all goes well, and if there's no second outbreak (huge if...), these might actually be good news

Still don't believe August will happen, but these are good news. maybe we'll be surprised