Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, daveje said:

Just a matter of time, if too many European festivals get cancelled then it makes the others less viable, regardless of any government decisions.

Already lost money on the accommodation, expect to lose the flight money, just hope I can roll over the tickets to next year.

Definitely you'll be able to roll over as a minimum.

Don't see why you would lose the flight money. By law they have to refund you and will do so with persistence (unless the airline goes bust). Sorry to hear about the accommodation, that's painful. 

6 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Do we have any ideas what next year's dates will be. I'm gonna take the plunge and move everything till then

Good thought.

27-29 may or 3-5 june?

Think in the past has always (or almost always) been the last weekend in may clashing with champions league final but this year first weekend in june.

Anyone have a decent sense of when is likely?

Edited by xxialac

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It absolutely wasn't obvious that it wasn't happening at the end of august when they made the announcement. It's a complex and fast moving picture.

And Werchter had no chance to postpone (as a camping festival in a cold country), have dodged the question on ticket refunds yet that's ok for them? 

is this dodging the question? I have a ticket for this and waiting a few days still is not a big deal to me

7C5969BA-F0D4-4D51-9BD1-FEB9ADA2FD20.jpeg

1 minute ago, zbo said:

is this dodging the question? I have a ticket for this and waiting a few days still is not a big deal to me

7C5969BA-F0D4-4D51-9BD1-FEB9ADA2FD20.jpeg

Yes, that's absolutely dodging the question. What is an 'arrangement'? How long is 'a few days'? Are they passing the buck to Ticketmaster?

On 4/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, LonesomeDrifter said:

Hi. Many people, including myself are asking for refunds but primavera are refusing to give assurances on this. Please, if you could sign and share the petition, I would be most grateful. Thanks.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/boycott-primavera-sound?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&quote_id=quote3&title_id=title2&recruiter=15462971&loc=view-petition

You have been bashing the festival endlessly everywhere you can including in the last hour below. Your "all bands to boycott Primavera" campaign to target 1000 signatures...got 11 signatures. 

You seem to have lost all perspective.

They just needed a little more time in the face of a global pandemic that threatens to ruin them. 

Can we have a little understanding around here? Do you think the poor person running their social media needed to see this all through the day?

Fuck  @Primavera_Sound  do NOT play that festival. Bunch of thieving bastards. Fuck em!

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yes, that's absolutely dodging the question. What is an 'arrangement'? How long is 'a few days'? Are they passing the buck to Ticketmaster?

I had tickets for an event that was cancelled (definitely cancelled not postponed) over a month ago (due to take place 15/3 - cancelled just a couple of days earlier). The email said Ticketmaster would refund within 7 days. Realised this week, that nothing had come through so emailed them.

Got two pro forma replies to emails before an actual person emailed - and they said "as it's covid they were waiting till things were decided about the "postponement" and would be in touch.

Explained it was cancelled, and got two more pro-forma replies before finally getting a real response, which just said "bear with us as we're busy".

If you consider that was a small event, one of the first to be cancelled, and was cancelled rather than postponed straight away, yet Ticketmaster are still so busy that they'd rather keep replying with holding emails, there may well be a long wait even after refunds are confirmed.

13 hours ago, xxialac said:

You have been bashing the festival endlessly everywhere you can including in the last hour below. Your "all bands to boycott Primavera" campaign to target 1000 signatures...got 11 signatures. 

You seem to have lost all perspective.

They just needed a little more time in the face of a global pandemic that threatens to ruin them. 

Can we have a little understanding around here? Do you think the poor person running their social media needed to see this all through the day?

Fuck  @Primavera_Sound  do NOT play that festival. Bunch of thieving bastards. Fuck em!

They announced the new August dates a month ago. That is easily enough time for them to sort refunds out or at least assure people they will get one. They should be using social media to keep people updated, not reminiscing about past festivals, giving links to past performances as if everything is ok. It's not, literally 1000's of people are asking about refunds and they are completely ignoring them. So, with respect, I don't care if they are sick of me tweeting them, they deserve it for the way they are behaving. If you want to defend their behaviour, fine, but i won't and myself, along with many,many other people want our money back.

Thank you, have a good day.

45 minutes ago, LonesomeDrifter said:

literally 1000's of people are asking about refund 

...and gets 11 signatures on a petition for refund. lol

Just read The Guardian article above here and relax:

"Primavera initially wouldn’t comment beyond their official statement – “Until the state of alarm is over we won’t reactivate the ticket sales, nor are we allowed to give more information about the ticket policy”– but have now stated to the Guardian that they do intend to make refunds.

Organisers said they were “contemplating various solutions for this edition’s ticketholders, which will be announced after the state of alarm decreed by the Spanish government. One of these solutions, among others, will be the refund. We have never said that we wouldn’t offer them.” They said they were “waiting for the legal framework on this matter to be defined” across Spanish, Catalonian and European law before announcing details, adding: “We must be patient and wait for these new extraordinary measures to be fully defined. If we were to do so before, we would not be guaranteeing legal certainty either for our festival or for our ticketholders. We want to inform our buyers on the basis of certainties, not speculations.”"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

"Primavera initially wouldn’t comment beyond their official statement – “Until the state of alarm is over we won’t reactivate the ticket sales, nor are we allowed to give more information about the ticket policy”– but have now stated to the Guardian that they do intend to make refunds.

Organisers said they were “contemplating various solutions for this edition’s ticketholders, which will be announced after the state of alarm decreed by the Spanish government. One of these solutions, among others, will be the refund. We have never said that we wouldn’t offer them.” They said they were “waiting for the legal framework on this matter to be defined” across Spanish, Catalonian and European law before announcing details, adding: “We must be patient and wait for these new extraordinary measures to be fully defined. If we were to do so before, we would not be guaranteeing legal certainty either for our festival or for our ticketholders. We want to inform our buyers on the basis of certainties, not speculations.”"

Funny how they can tell the guardian that but not respond to customers or post this information on social media. You know why? Because they can say they didn't say that to the guardian, misquoted etc.

Obviously this forum is a primavera love fest and no matter what they say or how they behave, you will blindly follow their every word. Well I won't and I'm not bothered if the petition gets 11signatures or 11000000, the fact still remains that they are holding on to people's money, people who have clearly said they cannot (and in many cases never will again) attend the festival, and all people are asking is for primavera to be very clear and say, you will get a refund, but instead they cut and paste some bullshit, cryptic reply, before tweeting how great robin was last year (she wasn't, she was fucking awful)

I personally hope they go bust from this, because they have clearly shown how they value the 1000's of people who attend each year. No people. No festival, its as simple as that.

Have a good day.

• Downvote 6

16 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

that statement wasn't in the article yesterday.

Hiding behind "there's a state of emergency so we won't say anything" is pretty pathetic really. There's lockdowns in various European countries, and multiple festivals in those are already offering refunds.

Lets be honest, everyone knows that Primavera are trying to drag this out as long as possible to hold onto the cash for as long as possible.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, LonesomeDrifter said:

Funny how they can tell the guardian that but not respond to customers or post this information on social media. You know why? Because they can say they didn't say that to the guardian, misquoted etc.

Obviously this forum is a primavera love fest and no matter what they say or how they behave, you will blindly follow their every word. Well I won't and I'm not bothered if the petition gets 11signatures or 11000000, the fact still remains that they are holding on to people's money, people who have clearly said they cannot (and in many cases never will again) attend the festival, and all people are asking is for primavera to be very clear and say, you will get a refund, but instead they cut and paste some bullshit, cryptic reply, before tweeting how great robin was last year (she wasn't, she was fucking awful)

I personally hope they go bust from this, because they have clearly shown how they value the 1000's of people who attend each year. No people. No festival, its as simple as that.

Have a good day.

I could hardly believe what I was reading. Anyone would think Primavera had burned down your house (as opposed to offering you a refund of your money in advance of the event and for a circumstance beyond their control).

But then I see:

"robin (sic) was fucking awful last year"

That really takes the prize!

No doubt Primavera has to work out how to refund all their customers via DICE. They've got get those millions back that've been spent on infrastructure, deposits, etc. There are a ton of moving parts, so you'd hope people would have some common sense and patience. You see some of the replies for postponements and cancellations and the grief they and the ticket agents are getting is a bit OTT.

Well said. I could understand the anger if it was their feck-up but this is no fault of their own making and the logistical complexity of what they have to deal with makes my brain hurt.

On separate note, think might have it worked out timing for next year.

We Love Green is (if I recall) the same weekend as Primavera every year. That's been scheduled for 3-5 June 2021. No guarantees obviously...

We're all in this together, and we're all going to suffer, but some people need to be entitled little snowflakes. From some of the comments here you wouldn't imagine that there's a real world out there with people dying, businesses going bust, people losing their jobs, economies slowing down.

• Downvote 1

I think it's pretty dismissive to call people who want some sort of concrete answer, or at least some sort of acknowledgement, from a giant company 'snowflakes'. At a time when people are worrying about paying rent and bills, having £200ish stuck in someone else's bank account for an event that both we and they know isn't going to take place can be stinging. The fact the festival haven't even mentioned the word 'refund' publicly until forced to by a bloody Guardian article is even more annoying, honestly.

I understand the situation is complex and there's tonnes of logistical things to sort out, and I sympathise with that, but they've been absolutely shown up by the other festivals this summer who've approached their communications in a transparent and timely way.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I could hardly believe what I was reading. Anyone would think Primavera had burned down your house (as opposed to offering you a refund of your money in advance of the event and for a circumstance beyond their control).

But then I see:

You are clearly not bothered if you get a refund or not. Many people are, so you can keep ignoring the points I make, or just keep primaveras arse. Up to you.

There is ZERO reason, I repeat, ZERO why they cannot assure refunds to those that can't attend. This 'we have to wait for the state of alarm to be lifted before we can give further information' is actually bullshit. It does not exist, there is nothing in the state of alarm that says this and if you took 1 minute of your time to find this out, instead of believing everything primavera are telling you, then you would see why so many people are angry. Lots of festivals cancelled across Europe and 90% of them are offering refunds. So please, know what your actually talking about before you spout your crap. 

Have a good day.

1 minute ago, LonesomeDrifter said:

Lots of festivals cancelled across Europe and 90% of them are offering refunds.

Yes, but only so after governments have banned festivals from taking place at the scheduled time, so that the festival know the force majeure in contractual terms are invoked. Lots of non-cancelled festivals begging governments for a ban to be clarified too, and I guess Primavera is in that category right know after realising the August date was not such a good idea after all.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

But then I see:

On a light note, Robyn really was awful. Such a strange set on the night. And I’m a fan.

Onto the main topic, a friend who works in live production in LA told me last night that there has been barely a mention of Primavera LA since they announced it last June and he doesn’t know any artists who confirmed they would be playing it. There has been zero PR about it over there and he suspects it was unlikely to happen, crisis or no crisis. Primavera might have financial issues but they certainly have communication issues and both seem to at play right now.

15 minutes ago, Dubkeith said:

On a light note, Robyn really was awful. Such a strange set on the night. And I’m a fan.

Onto the main topic, a friend who works in live production in LA told me last night that there has been barely a mention of Primavera LA since they announced it last June and he doesn’t know any artists who confirmed they would be playing it. There has been zero PR about it over there and he suspects it was unlikely to happen, crisis or no crisis. Primavera might have financial issues but they certainly have communication issues and both seem to at play right now.

Funny how opinions differ.  I thought she was genuinely brilliant, so much energy, strong vocals and dancing, no duds in the set and the audience acapella singalong to Dancing On My Own was a moment.

Hadn't seen her before though. What does she normally do that is better? 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

But then I see:

Robin was worse then awful, but robin generally is music for eurovision fans