Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

I just heard uk music bods are being advised no gigs of over 500 capacity, only come September, with zero travel (ie tours) permitted. 

So, essentially local bands in small venues only. 

not sure if that will be replicated in other countries or not, but it gives some glimpse of how a slow re emergence of live music might take form. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

I don’t think they were taking about you - there’s a guy in Bristol who goes to a gig every night, we were all just a little worried about him. 

He's been going to Primavera at least the last couple of years, and even got a shout-out from the band at the Idles gig. Super nice and friendly bloke. Going to gigs is an immensely important part of his life, so he's suffering more than most of us.

37 minutes ago, daveje said:

He's been going to Primavera at least the last couple of years, and even got a shout-out from the band at the Idles gig. Super nice and friendly bloke. Going to gigs is an immensely important part of his life, so he's suffering more than most of us.

It's Jeff your talking about I take it. Been going since at least 2012.

Stage dived during Fucked Up @ the Appollo one year.

1 hour ago, brosch said:

While all this does not come as a surprise now with the recent developments, this still brings me down af. There goes the light of my quarantine tunnel :( 

Yeah 2021 will be great but I can’t see so far atm shiit

2021 is going to be shit too. 

1 hour ago, brosch said:

While all this does not come as a surprise now with the recent developments, this still brings me down af. There goes the light of my quarantine tunnel :( 

Yeah 2021 will be great but I can’t see so far atm shiit

Keep your spirits up my friend. We will all get through this.

Life will be so amazing when this is all over,  that even an overpriced Heineken will taste like the drink of the gods. 

Edited by xxialac
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

Keep your spirits up my friend. We will all get through this.

Life will be so amazing when this is all over,  that even an overpriced Heineken will taste like the drink of the gods. 

Thanks mate. Home alone for 5 weeks+ - it’s a rollercoaster 🙄

All German festivals posted their announcements this morning btw, just to close that. 

• Upvote 1

Bluedot UK has just announced that they've cancelled the festival at the end of July but they've confirmed that the same three headliners that were scheduled to headline this year's festival, will be the headliners for 2021.

Tickets for this year will be valid for next year but (of course) full refunds are available.

Just to let you guys know: none of the big Belgium festivals (TML, Werchter, Dour but also smaller ones like Blue Note or Cactus - no mention of Pukkelpop as sales hadn't started yet) have mentioned refunds so far. Most already announced that the tickets will be valid for 2021 or 2022 (in some cases). They have announced more news early or mid May. Just to show you, Primavera is by far not the only one. 

• Upvote 1

Just a matter of time, if too many European festivals get cancelled then it makes the others less viable, regardless of any government decisions.

Already lost money on the accommodation, expect to lose the flight money, just hope I can roll over the tickets to next year.

1 hour ago, Rhak said:

Just to let you guys know: none of the big Belgium festivals (TML, Werchter, Dour but also smaller ones like Blue Note or Cactus - no mention of Pukkelpop as sales hadn't started yet) have mentioned refunds so far. Most already announced that the tickets will be valid for 2021 or 2022 (in some cases). They have announced more news early or mid May. Just to show you, Primavera is by far not the only one. 

tbh werchter was officially cancelled yeaterday and said that in a few days a statement regarding tickets will be out..pretty different than primavera moving dates and going awol for 2/3 weeks when it’s obvious it is not happening even at the end of august.....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, zbo said:

tbh werchter was officially cancelled yeaterday and said that in a few days a statement regarding tickets will be out..pretty different than primavera moving dates and going awol for 2/3 weeks when it’s obvious it is not happening even at the end of august.....

It absolutely wasn't obvious that it wasn't happening at the end of august when they made the announcement. It's a complex and fast moving picture.

And Werchter had no chance to postpone (as a camping festival in a cold country), have dodged the question on ticket refunds yet that's ok for them?