Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

Agreed. Working in London each summer is always a nightmare for me. But it’s also the new reality, so someone’s going to have to find a solution, just look at the amount of bus drivers that died already.

Yeah. Can only think they will have to 'pretend' that we are safe wearing masks on the tube, even when we are all pressed up against one another. People's own fears will also encourage a lot of people onto bikes and working from home which will help a bit.

Is it out of the question to have everyone over, say, 60 to self-isolate (with extensive support mechanisms for food/medication delivery) for 18 months/until vaccine ready and let everyone else go about normal business with mask wearing and social distancing to allow health systems to cope?

Not nice for the over 60s of course but then again the statistics show they are by far the most vulnerable (e.g. even 60-69 y/o are 3x more vulnerable as 50-59 and 9x more vulnerable than 40-49 - and dramatically more vulnerable for over 70s and over 80s) and they are also economically far less productive.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah. Can only think they will have to 'pretend' that we are safe wearing masks on the tube, even when we are all pressed up against one another. People's own fears will also encourage a lot of people onto bikes and working from home which will help a bit.

Is it out of the question to have everyone over, say, 60 to self-isolate (with extensive support mechanisms for food/medication delivery) for 18 months/until vaccine ready and let everyone else go about normal business with mask wearing and social distancing to allow health systems to cope?

Not nice for the over 60s of course but then again the statistics show they are by far the most vulnerable (e.g. even 60-69 y/o are 3x more vulnerable as 50-59 and 9x more vulnerable than 40-49 - and dramatically more vulnerable for over 70s and over 80s) and they are also economically far less productive.

It’s a big ask to isolate a large part of the population. Even the over 60s can rebel :) 
But it is certainly one option. 

On a separate matter, Pulp have re-emerged on twitter after 6 years away. Can easily imagine the organisers had been talking to them in recent weeks about reforming for this to give August the positive impetus it would have massively needed. Obviously looking extremely unlikely now...

• Upvote 1

Study for the german government, cited by "Der Spiegel":

"Bei Freizeitveranstaltungen wie Konzerten oder Sportveranstaltungen gelte bei der Wiederaufnahme, wie stark die Menschen dabei in Kontakt miteinander kommen, beziehungsweise, wie gut sie voneinander distanziert werden könnten."

"In the case of recreational events such as concerts or sporting events, the question of how strongly people come into contact with one another or how well they can be distanced from one another is relevant."

Since this study is intended to show the way forward in Germany, expect rock concerts / festivals to be far, far, faaaaar in the back of the list of priorities. (RIP RaR/RiP 2020 et al)

40 minutes ago, Chilly Toad said:

Study for the german government, cited by "Der Spiegel":

"Bei Freizeitveranstaltungen wie Konzerten oder Sportveranstaltungen gelte bei der Wiederaufnahme, wie stark die Menschen dabei in Kontakt miteinander kommen, beziehungsweise, wie gut sie voneinander distanziert werden könnten."

"In the case of recreational events such as concerts or sporting events, the question of how strongly people come into contact with one another or how well they can be distanced from one another is relevant."

Since this study is intended to show the way forward in Germany, expect rock concerts / festivals to be far, far, faaaaar in the back of the list of priorities. (RIP RaR/RiP 2020 et al)

I feel sorry for kids having to wear masks all day at school...

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

On a separate matter, Pulp have re-emerged on twitter after 6 years away. Can easily imagine the organisers had been talking to them in recent weeks about reforming for this to give August the positive impetus it would have massively needed. Obviously looking extremely unlikely now...

Are they sticking around longer than a few tweets for Burgess' Listening Party? 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

August can't possibly be happening at this point, c'mon man.

Just now, duckula said:

August can't possibly be happening at this point, c'mon man.

Was speculating on discussions that might have taken place before August's viability became better understood, as it has done in the last fortnight. 

I stand by August dates as being not 'impossible' but 'extremely unlikely'. There are numerous ways in which it could go ahead e.g. clever new ways of mass testing/tracing, treatment or, hell, even an irresponsible local government that grants a license. The 'expected scenario' can take a different path in what is 4.5 months.

These reasons are all highly unlikely, yes, for sure...but not impossible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, puckno said:

Wayne Coyne got the solution right like 8 years ago. We should all wear our hamster balls with a separate environment.

image.png.4d092ba9669097cb0fc7a340eb3b84c4.png

Two scientists are racing for the good of all mankind
Both of them side-by-side, so determined
Locked in heated battle, for the SARS-Cov-2 cure that is their prize...

Hi. Many people, including myself are asking for refunds but primavera are refusing to give assurances on this. Please, if you could sign and share the petition, I would be most grateful. Thanks.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/boycott-primavera-sound?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&quote_id=quote3&title_id=title2&recruiter=15462971&loc=view-petition

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

49 minutes ago, LonesomeDrifter said:

Hi. Many people, including myself are asking for refunds but primavera are refusing to give assurances on this. Please, if you could sign and share the petition, I would be most grateful. Thanks.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/boycott-primavera-sound?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&quote_id=quote3&title_id=title2&recruiter=15462971&loc=view-petition

lol, calm down. They will offer refund when the Government is coming with restrictions for the summer.  

1 hour ago, LonesomeDrifter said:

Ridiculous. They have said they will declare their position when the state of emergency is lifted which ends next Sunday.

A few people signing a petition isn't going to change anything.

They are inherently motivated to refund people. It's good business, good for their reputation. Of course they will try to encourage everyone to defer their ticket to next year, as with every business on the planet, but they will still offer a refund.

The only reason they won't is if they don't have enough money/the insurance doesn't cover them

...in which case a petition is useless.

Edited by xxialac

In terms of getting refunded, does anyone have any experience with their respective banks in relation to chargebacks?

Im thinking of requesting one but i don’t know what the terms are. I assume this falls under something like ‘goods not received’ ?

28 minutes ago, Float said:

In terms of getting refunded, does anyone have any experience with their respective banks in relation to chargebacks?

Im thinking of requesting one but i don’t know what the terms are. I assume this falls under something like ‘goods not received’ ?

Yeah, it's exactly that. They'll ask you if you've tried to get one from the disputed party (in this case Primavera/Dice/etc) and if you haven't been able to get anywhere the bank will take it up with your card issuer.

Unless you're desperate for the cash right now I think it's probably a waste of time until the festival itself clarifies what's going on with refunds.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Janny.
I do plan to hold off until things are black and white, but based on their wording I really do not expect a refund to be one of their ‘alternatives’ 

Fingers crossed though, I wouldn’t like their reputation to plummet. Social media comments have been very sour.

5 minutes ago, Float said:

Thanks Janny.
I do plan to hold off until things are black and white, but based on their wording I really do not expect a refund to be one of their ‘alternatives’ 

Fingers crossed though, I wouldn’t like their reputation to plummet. Social media comments have been very sour.

People are understandably jittery because they've not even mentioned the word, but I do think they'll offer refunds so I wouldn't stress too much about it at the moment. But yeah, in the extreme case that they don't, contacting your bank is the best course of action and they'll try for a chargeback.

Edited by jannybruck

Petition? Artists to boycott PS? Good luck with that. Maybe you´ll get into double digits with that...

In other news, from a New York Times panel:

"Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they’re going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that’s a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest."

Fall 2021? Wow. And I thought I was pessimistic.